Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1

A family member derives income from W-2, 1099 Miscl income, and consultant working from home office.

She completed a move to new home in 2005 within a 50 mile radius. Can she deduct a share of the move costs based on percentage of home space used for business, or some other factor? Would she also include the costs of preparing the new space for the business usage?

She will be meeting with CPA for final preparation of taxes, but wanted to be prepared with detailed expenses for the meeting.

Senior Citizen

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.