No. of Recommendations: 0
I am considering moving most of the money in the SEP IRA that my employer has set up for me into an IRA with one of the discount online brokers.

I will be leaving a small amount in the current account in order for it to remain open so that my employer can continue to make contributions to it. Then, yearly, or more often if I choose, I will transfer these contributions to the "online broker IRA".

Now that I have totally confused everyone, my question is, what type of IRA can I open? Does it also have to be a SEP or are there other options?

Thanks in advance.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.