Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to France next year. My question for all of you is: Will I still be able to make contributions towards my Roth IRA? If working for a US company over there isn't an option, would it be possible to come back to the States on vacation and work in order to qualify? If not, what are some other long-term investment vehicles that I should consider as an ex-patriot living abroad? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.