Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for opening this board. After extensive research and reading I had about convinced myself of the validity of Strategic Global Asset Allocation. Now I think I will wait awhile before changing my portfolio. I would welcome any comments pro or con on MPT and the Efficient Frontier ideas.

I am retired and have allocated my portfolio into a 30% MM and St Bond Fd and 70% in stock mutual funds. I have almost no foreign exposure. Lg Growth is the dominant portion. This idea has served well for the past 5 years, with the MM and St Bond Fd providing approx. 5 years of estimated income needs should there be a large market correction. At least I shouldnt have to sell depressed stocks when the correction comes.

The idea of all equities US and foreign moving together seems to have some validity but I am sure they do not perfectly correlate. It is tough to decide on what is correct. All responses appreciated.

Dawg on!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement