Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: cejhals Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1162  
Subject: Mr. Gibara is relieved! Date: 3/17/2000 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I am obviously pleased that GT shares have recovered during the last few days, and I hope this is a permanent change. However, this is what our chairman is quoted for today in Wall Street Journal:

"People are relieved that now it's finally going the other way," according to the WSJ he then added, that "he's pleased himself as well, but far from satisfied. Goodyear's stock has a long way to go before it regains the ground lost in recent months"

We shareholders can all agree with that!

Then this, according to WSJ:

"As for all those people blaming him for Goodyear's slumping fortunes, he says there are a few he would like to call. But he says that would be premature - the stock isn't back up where it needs to be yet. "So Im going to wait and continue to do my job the best I can.""

Let us shareholders remember the GT shares have dropped approximately 72% - or 47 point - from peak to low. It has now recovered approximately 10% or approximately 5 points - of the drop. It still has 42 points to go or approximately 90%!!

It is pathetic and an insult towards GT's shareholders, that Mr. Gibara already is prepared to suggest that he is absolved of any responsibility for the huge drop in GT's share price!

It just confirms that he is self-occupied and suffers lack of ambition for GT, its employees and shareholders, and that his stewardship does not even have sight of the the years high for the share price!

A couple if things to remember, Mr. Gibara:

1. GT's shareprice is eventually influenced only by the company's performance and ability to prove it can deliver the kind of results, that can justify a reurn to previous highs for the shares. - So rather than concentrating on your vainness, please disclosure your ambitions and plans for reaching earnings per share for GT of between $7 and $8 within the next 2 to 3 years.

2. Some analysts following GT have already suggested GT will miss its earnings estimate for the 1st quarter of FY 2000, however, with the kind of statement today in WSJ, we shareholders are all relieved that those analysts must be wrong, as no sensible Chairman would say what you are quoted for otherwise.

3. With the statements you have made, shareholders would be encouraged to see that you bought GT shares at present market prices with money taken out of your own savings account.

4. Shareholders will be overbearing if - by making the statements you did to WSJ - you made it easier for yourself to step down as Chairman of GT, and we will all wish you good luck in your retirement.

Take care GT shareholders.

cejhals
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement