Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Mr. K can take payments from his 401K under 72(t), and is not limited to just contributions. Mr. Roth has no way to access Roth earnings tax-free before 59.5 years-of-age.

FYI, for 401(k)s, if you leave the service of the employer where you have the account in the year that you turn 55 or older, you don't even have to do 72(t) to avoid the 10% penalty.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.