Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (81) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4337  
Subject: Re: Great site for Amway/Quixtar prospects Date: 7/13/2001 6:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 18
Mr Kazim:

I have fours years since signing with at that point Amway. I have not made a dime from this business but it allows me great flexibilities which are lacking in other types of business such as venture businesses franchises et al. Now, its my fault that I have not made money from Quixtar/Amway. You see I have done NOTHING for 4 years except go to meetigs (voluntarily). Even if I had done EVERYTHING I MUST do to succeed and dont, Its STILL my fault. They have will always keep their end of the bargain.
Also, I am a college senior about to graduate this coming December. I decided four years ago to build my business seriously AFTER college graduation for several factors which are out of topic. Amway and Quixtar have kept THEIR part of the agreement that I entered four years ago fantastically by supporting my business.
I dont have the slightest beef with Amway/Quixtar. Now, YOU may cause I have not made a penny but I dont. I assume full responsability for my results. Again, let me repeat, Its MY fault that I have not made any money from Quixtar not theirs. They have done a marveolous job keeping THEIR end of our agreement. However, I have FAILED TO keep my part of the agreement. Some people tend to label a failure Amway/Quixtar cause I have not made any money yet. However, thats a deadly fallacy. They seem to lack understanding of our relationship. Whatever happened to 40 years of AMWAY track record of success? Its not a perfect company but its a BLUE CHIP. I never ask ANY company to be percet. I just ask to let give me a solid business to invest in.
By the way, as an entrepreneur FULLY knows, making "money" as far as profit may not come for years after operations have begun. Quixtar/Amway is not different with several variations. I am EXTREMELY grateful for those variations.

That sure is a lot of capitalized words to answer a simple question.

If I thought your answer was unusual, I would simply agree with you that one should give a business time and effort before getting expectations up. Unfortunately, my experience is that about 95% of distributors would give very similar answers if they were honest. I didn't know your situation, so why else do you think I randomly asked the question in the first place?

One of the reasons I advise people to avoid MLM's such as Amway is not just because I consider it a money black hole, but also because it tends to a foster a big old inferiority complex in people who get involved. Continuously Amway "motivators" try to push the message that normal jobs will doom you to a life of poverty and misery, that people who don't make it in the business are losers, and above all, everything bad that happens to you as a result of your involvement with Amway is your fault and not theirs. Sound familiar? They seem to be willing to say anything to keep their fish on the hook, and some of this stuff has serious long-term psychological effects.

I don't mean to pick on you, sla5sh5, I am just making observations based on a few thousand emails I've received from distributors. As a matter of fact I commend you for having the persistence to finish college. I really believe that this a great contribution toward you staying upbeat and successful in the future, in spite of how often diamonds on the tapes will make fun of college and say it's a waste of time.

Amway and Quixtar have kept THEIR part of the agreement that I entered four years ago fantastically by supporting my business.

Now why shouldn't they support you? For four years you have paid for tickets to all the meetings and bought all the products you could. It sounds to me like you have been quite a nice cash cow for them. I wouldn't want you to go away either.

Some people tend to label a failure Amway/Quixtar cause I have not made any money yet. However, thats a deadly fallacy. They seem to lack understanding of our relationship. Whatever happened to 40 years of AMWAY track record of success? Its not a perfect company but its a BLUE CHIP.

Seems to me like you're the one who lacks understanding of your relationship. Quoting Amway's corporate success as proof that you are on the fast track to riches sounds like someone eating at McDonald's and bragging that they are now hobnobbing with a Fortune 500 company. Their size and influence is not a reflection on someone whose role so far has been that of "customer", except in the sense that you have given them money to support their growth.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (81) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement