UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: glmclennan Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3687  
Subject: MSN Stock Quote Addin for Excel Date: 1/27/2010 10:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The MSN stock quote addin for Excel that I have relied on so heavily for several years stopped working a few days ago. Anyone have insight into what happened?

Can someone suggest an alternative?

George
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3612 of 3687
Subject: Re: MSN Stock Quote Addin for Excel Date: 2/4/2010 10:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Can someone suggest an alternative?

You could see if my add-in would work for you:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/smf_addin/

It's free and open-source.

Author: VTDave Big red star, 1000 posts SC1 Green Captain Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3620 of 3687
Subject: Re: MSN Stock Quote Addin for Excel Date: 6/14/2010 10:55 AM
Rharmelink,

I've been using your add-in for more than a year and it is great! What are the chances I could convince you to port your tools to the Mac? Please? Pretty please?

-Dave.

Author: rharmelink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3621 of 3687
Subject: Re: MSN Stock Quote Addin for Excel Date: 6/14/2010 11:27 AM
What are the chances I could convince you to port your tools to the Mac? Please? Pretty please?

I would say zilch to nil since I don't have a Mac.

The add-in is just something I wrote for my own use, to replace EXCEL web queries. I'm just sharing it.

I have heard of Mac users using it though, but with some type of Windows emulation software.

Author: VTDave Big red star, 1000 posts SC1 Green Captain Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3622 of 3687
Subject: Re: MSN Stock Quote Addin for Excel Date: 6/14/2010 3:47 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing - running parallels which gives me the ability to emulate Widows 7 in the MacOS environment. It's pretty cool that I can run Windows 7 apps and Mac OS apps side-by-side, but Windows 7 is a memory and CPU hog - even on a mac.

So the answer is that we just need to get you to switch to a Mac, huh?

:-)

-Dave.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement