UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949322  
Subject: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 1:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Fresh off of the Journolist scandal (for coordinating WH talking points and media attacks on Republicans) we see MSNBC getting their new set of marching orders:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/msnbc-hosts-vist-obama

Well, let's be fair. Obama just wanted an extended sit down with a particular network. Nothing to see there. If those MSNBC people want to go full-throated support for Obama's plan and trash the GOP plan, that's well within their rights as fair and balanced noooze reporters.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842460 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 1:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Jesus Christ Dope

The station and the Obama campaign had the same motto

Forward

We are just so screwed, and all libs want to do is get a taste of Obama's boots. Oh well, what can ya do

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842464 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:00 PM
Recommendations: 0
Why is this news? If you didn't know you live under a rock.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842468 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:21 PM

We are just so screwed, and all libs want to do is get a taste of Obama's boots. Oh well, what can ya do

They're like flat eathers from before Columbus' day. They believe unemployment benefits stimulate the economy and that taxes increases are the same as cutting spending. In other words, they really don't know much other than the dogma they're fed.

They don't remember the Carter years and if they do it's clouded by their hatred of Reagan. The only thing that will fix them is reality:

*Tons of debt will mean fewer goodies for them in the future
*A trashed currency means massive inflation
*Wrecked entitlements because they refuse to take action

They'll all learn. Just make sure you're protected when their bubble pops.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842472 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:41 PM
A news network gets a sit-down with the President. Hardly unprecedented.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842474 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:47 PM
*Tons of debt will mean fewer goodies for them in the future
*A trashed currency means massive inflation
*Wrecked entitlements because they refuse to take action

_________

And the talking heads at MSNBC and other media outlets don't care. Do you think any of them are actually going to feel the pain of entitlement cuts or inflation? Maybe alittle extra in taxes that won't matter because they'll just ask for more in their next contract or get creative with their accounting.

Reality is those MSNBC'ers are .5%...they don't care.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842482 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 3:19 PM

And the talking heads at MSNBC and other media outlets don't care. Do you think any of them are actually going to feel the pain of entitlement cuts or inflation? Maybe alittle extra in taxes that won't matter because they'll just ask for more in their next contract or get creative with their accounting.

Reality is those MSNBC'ers are .5%...they don't care.

They'll care when then BS they spout "It's all the GOP's fault and Obama is awesome" doesn't square with $20 trillion in debt, long lines at the Obamacare clinic, a shadow health care system that they can't afford, and slashed entitlements. Then their viewers will walk. At that point they'll care.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842507 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
...and trash the GOP plan.

Remind me again, kind sir, what programs the Repubs want to cut. Also which deductions do they want to eliminate.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842509 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 4:33 PM
Remind me again, kind sir, what programs the Repubs want to cut. Also which deductions do they want to eliminate.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=republican+fiscal+cliff+plan

BTW. You people won. You proved that you're the smartest, bestest Amuricans in the universe, so why do you even care what the racist GOP does?

At any rate, I doubt you're interested in a discussion. If you are, here's some bottom line info - the GOP's plan is too small and Obama's is based on accounting bull$hit:

What's worrisome, though, is that the two sides are slipping into a kind of tacit agreement to scale back the size of an ultimate debt-reduction package. The president billed his plan as $4.4 trillion worth of debt reduction over 10 years. But $2.4 trillion of that comes from lower interest payments, alleged savings from winding down overseas wars Mr. Obama never planned to fight and discretionary cuts that were legislated a year ago. Mr. Boehner's letter similarly identifies only $2.2 trillion of new revenues and cuts.

It will take more than that to dent the debt. A new report from a Bipartisan Policy Center task force headed by former Sen. Pete Domenici, a Republican, and former budget director Alice Rivlin, a Democrat, suggests that it would take $2.8 trillion in fresh cuts and revenue to stabilize the debt at 69 percent of gross domestic product by 2022 -- above historical levels but sustainable. It would appear that Republicans and Democrats must not only come together but also raise their sights.

http://www.thehour.com/opinion/commentary/mr-boehner-and-mr-...

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842512 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 4:41 PM
BTW. You people won. You proved that you're the smartest, bestest Amuricans in the universe, so why do you even care what the racist GOP does?

When their fearless leader has no ideas, an d refuses to come to the table what else do you expect of them

Attack. Republicans say they want to discuss ABC make them get down to a level of detail that you can attack and make them look bad

Don't have any plan at all? Make charges the other sides plan is not detailed enough

Half the idiots on the left do not even know they are being played, the rest are just OK with no ideas as long as they get to attack the right

It is what they are, it is what they do

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842514 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 4:43 PM
When their fearless leader has no ideas, an d refuses to come to the table what else do you expect of them

Attack. Republicans say they want to discuss ABC make them get down to a level of detail that you can attack and make them look bad

Don't have any plan at all? Make charges the other sides plan is not detailed enough

They've crippled themselves intellectually. They can't think for themselves anymore, so as you've put it, all they can do is dump on other people and their ideas.

Obama's plan is so ridiculously stupid as to defy description: tons of tax increases. An, oh yeah, we'll get to spending cuts...next year. Maybe. In the meantime, give me assurances for $150 billion MORE in spending.

Stuck. on. stupid. Meanwhile, let them enjoy higher food and gas prices and France-like GDP growth.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842527 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 5:18 PM
Hey, it could be worse....they could be failed candidates who slunk off to the Faux Newz zoo.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842543 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 6:22 PM
Me: Remind me again, kind sir, what programs the Repubs want to cut. Also which deductions do they want to eliminate.

TD1: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=republican+fiscal+cliff+plan

At any rate, I doubt you're interested in a discussion. If you are, here's some bottom line info - the GOP's plan is too small and Obama's is based on accounting bull$hit:

What's worrisome, though, is that the two sides are slipping into a kind of tacit agreement to scale back the size of an ultimate debt-reduction package. The president billed his plan as $4.4 trillion worth of debt reduction over 10 years. But $2.4 trillion of that comes from lower interest payments, alleged savings from winding down overseas wars Mr. Obama never planned to fight and discretionary cuts that were legislated a year ago. Mr. Boehner's letter similarly identifies only $2.2 trillion of new revenues and cuts.

It will take more than that to dent the debt. A new report from a Bipartisan Policy Center task force headed by former Sen. Pete Domenici, a Republican, and former budget director Alice Rivlin, a Democrat, suggests that it would take $2.8 trillion in fresh cuts and revenue to stabilize the debt at 69 percent of gross domestic product by 2022 -- above historical levels but sustainable. It would appear that Republicans and Democrats must not only come together but also raise their sights.

http://www.thehour.com/opinion/commentary/mr-boehner-and-mr-......

Gee, thanks, guy. That's really cute. I read again about Mitch McConnell chuckling again. (Not a particularly pleasant thing to think about.) I read again (several times) about the Republicans having a plan. And then I found this:

On taxes, the speaker promised to raise $800 billion over 10 years -- but only by eliminating "special-interest loopholes and deductions," which he refused to name.

I guess it's a secret plan that only you and he know about. And neither of you is talking.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842549 of 1949322
Subject: Re: MSNBC colluding with Obama Date: 12/5/2012 6:49 PM
I guess it's a secret plan that only you and he know about. And neither of you is talking.

Again, who cares? Obama is awesome, Republicans are all racist woman haters, so why do you need anything else?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement