UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932858  
Subject: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 40
Obama's landslide came with him winning only 22% of counties, a record low. Democrats don't need to cover as much ground to win.

House Democrats got a million more votes than Reps, but are way behind in the number of seats due to gerrymandering.

Republicans are really popular in places no one lives!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842142 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 10:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
but are way behind in the number of seats due to gerrymandering

________

Please show details of this.

Here in Maryland all the GOP reps were Gerrymandered out. In New York the two districts that were eliminated were held by Republicans. The fact that Democrats received extra votes is due to the GOP winning more close races and Democrats winning more blow-out districts.

Did the GOP gerrymander districts? Heck yeah, did the Democrats, you better believe it. Nobody has clean hands in the Gerrymandering game. And in States where the GOP and Democrats share control of the process...the gerrymandering was designed to protect incumbents.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842150 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 10:28 AM
Recommendations: 10
Here in Maryland all the GOP reps were Gerrymandered out

Don't you ever get sick of spreading your bull cr@p. THe GOP only had two reps. One got gerrymandered out and the other wasn't touched.

The Republicans have a huge edge is state houses held and state legislatures. Plus rural districts are horrendously over represented.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842169 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 11:47 AM
Recommendations: 0
Obama's landslide came with him winning only 22% of counties,

Counties elect Presidents? Who knew?

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842173 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 12:01 PM
Here in Maryland all the GOP reps were Gerrymandered out.

Last time I checked Andy Harris was still rep for District 1.

Unfortunatley that's now my district. Or fortunately, considering that now I can do my part to vote him out.

But point taken that there was gerrmandering in MD as well under a Democratic governor that benefited Democrats.

Gerrymandering is wrong as a matter of political principle and I wish there was a way to put a stop to this.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842176 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 12:08 PM
Gerrymandering is wrong as a matter of political principle and I wish there was a way to put a stop to this.

http://wedrawthelines.ca.gov/

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842192 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 1:21 PM
Last time I checked Andy Harris was still rep for District 1....

forgot about Harris...Technically I'm still in Van Hollen's district, but was going to move to Bartlett's had he won, but Maryland moved things around to make sure he lost.

Gerrymandering is wrong, but techincally very hard to prove if the politicians are smart.

Here's a question for a fellow Marylander, what did you think of the ballot issue to accept the new Congressional Map? I voted against it because of the gerrymandering, but it won overwhelming. So we might be in the minority of people who are against gerrymandering.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842277 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 5:15 PM
Obama's landslide came with him winning only 22% of counties, a record low.

Just think, Romney might actually win an election on Mars!

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842283 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 5:39 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://wedrawthelines.ca.gov/

Very cool. Should be adopted nationally.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842300 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/4/2012 7:11 PM
feedmeNOWhuman says

Just think, Romney might actually win an election on Mars!

Wait, he DID!

It explains a lot of things.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842347 of 1932858
Subject: Re: MSNBC: Election details still coming in Date: 12/5/2012 1:06 AM
Recommendations: 4

. . . or thinks.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement