Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will have to file state tax returns for two states this year and was wondering what to do about the interest income that was earned. Will I have to include that income in the AGI on both state returns and get taxed from both states on that money, or can I just include it on one of the returns, or do I have to somehow figure out how much interest income I earned in each state. I haven't received 1099s for the accounts that I maintained in both states, so will they seperate the interest earned while at the address in one state from the interest earned while in the other state?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.