Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bud6969 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121316  
Subject: Mutual Funds with Technology Stocks Date: 12/31/1999 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My company now has their 401k plan administered by T.Rowe Price. We can now choose to invest well beyond the standard 6-10 mutual funds by paying a $75 annual feel. Then we can select funds from over 1000 mutual funds. With the NASDAQ average going up appreciably and consistently in recent months, I wanted to allocate some of my money to mutual funds that have a high percentage of certain technology stocks that have been skyrocketing (such as CISCO, Qualcom, etc.). Is there someplace that would provide what mutual funds have the highest percentage of these companies. I prefer to avoid looking up one random mutual funds at a time and determining its makeup?

Wish all a wonderful, safe, and prosperous new millenium.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24245 of 121316
Subject: Re: Mutual Funds with Technology Stocks Date: 1/2/2000 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<<My company now has their 401k plan administered by T.Rowe Price. We can now choose to invest well beyond the standard 6-10 mutual funds by paying a $75 annual feel. Then we can select funds from over 1000 mutual funds. With the NASDAQ average going up appreciably and consistently in recent months, I wanted to allocate some of my money to mutual funds that have a high percentage of certain technology stocks that have been skyrocketing (such as CISCO, Qualcom, etc.). Is there someplace that would provide what mutual funds have the highest percentage of these companies. I prefer to avoid looking up one random mutual funds at a time and determining its makeup?>>

Since I don't deal with mutual funds much, I'm really at a loss here. But you might start at the "Morningstar" web site. Whenever I have any mutual fund question, I head on over there. They have as much information as anybody, at least as far as I know.

Perhaps some other Fools can provide some other resources.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Author: Melman Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24259 of 121316
Subject: Re: Mutual Funds with Technology Stocks Date: 1/2/2000 5:38 PM
Recommendations: 0
There has been a board created recently for discussion of Technology Sector Funds. Take a look in "Speaker's Corner."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement