Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Looks like Sumner Redstone has filed documents to take MWY private.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Chalk up another takeover found. Sold half for double; at current price remaining shares are over a four-bagger.

Life is good.

Only question is what price will he pay for MWY now? It could go down 10% or so, or up by more, so for the present time I am holding the shares.

Looking for more takeover targets. I dunno if anyone follows this board or not, but I sure would love some other possibilities....have not bought SDAY even though Huwei has taken a stake, but am still looking at it.
Print the post Back To Top
Hey Hochizen,

I read your posts! :)

emiller just posted a possible takover candidate at the Foolish Collective Board:

The Company announced earlier this year that they had engaged William Blair, an investment banker...
to “explore strategic alternatives.” That means "let's see if the
comapny should be sold"

Sorry for not replying sooner.....I didn't check the board, since it seems I am usually posting to no one.

Anyway, Reinhold DOES look interesting. I need to keep digging. The retention of the firm does suggest a takeover is being sought.....but there are a few things that tend to suggest a takeover isn't imminent. First, there are no third partys in the industry who have taken a stake. Second, there isn't much insider buying....the insider buying taking place suggest it is directors fees or small options being given. I am going to dig further though....if it turns out the CEO is an older guy (hopefully the founder) then I would pick some up, especially if there aren't any family members who are involved in the a small company, when the founder retires he often does it by selling the company.

Just my thoughts.........