Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 110  
Subject: MWY to go private Date: 6/8/2004 2:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looks like Sumner Redstone has filed documents to take MWY private.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Chalk up another takeover found. Sold half for double; at current price remaining shares are over a four-bagger.

Life is good.

Only question is what price will he pay for MWY now? It could go down 10% or so, or up by more, so for the present time I am holding the shares.

Looking for more takeover targets. I dunno if anyone follows this board or not, but I sure would love some other possibilities....have not bought SDAY even though Huwei has taken a stake, but am still looking at it.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mrchw Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87 of 110
Subject: Re: MWY to go private Date: 6/10/2004 9:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hey Hochizen,

I read your posts! :)

emiller just posted a possible takover candidate at the Foolish Collective Board:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20878930

The Company announced earlier this year that they had engaged William Blair, an investment banker...
http://www.wmblair.com/Pages/firm_history.asp
to “explore strategic alternatives.” That means "let's see if the
comapny should be sold"

Cameron

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90 of 110
Subject: Re: MWY to go private Date: 7/27/2004 11:47 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner.....I didn't check the board, since it seems I am usually posting to no one.

Anyway, Reinhold DOES look interesting. I need to keep digging. The retention of the firm does suggest a takeover is being sought.....but there are a few things that tend to suggest a takeover isn't imminent. First, there are no third partys in the industry who have taken a stake. Second, there isn't much insider buying....the insider buying taking place suggest it is directors fees or small options being given. I am going to dig further though....if it turns out the CEO is an older guy (hopefully the founder) then I would pick some up, especially if there aren't any family members who are involved in the company......in a small company, when the founder retires he often does it by selling the company.

Just my thoughts.........

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement