UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mark8727 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: my 401k Date: 8/5/1998 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
to anyone who may to enlighted me
i have a 401k with my company and they match up to $500
i put in 11% of my income which isn't much about $11.50 a week
here's how my picks stand

fidelity advisor growth opp
ytd = 11.46% 1 yr = 24.52%
i put in 50%
evergreen foundation fund
ytd = 7.9% 1 yr = 20.9%
i put in 25%
tomorrow long term
ytd = 8.52% 1 yr = 21.61%
i put in 25%

i borrowed $ 1000 from my 401 to file bankruptcy and to give me a cushion from living week to week
my ex gets most of my paycheck
i was going to go 50/50 with fidelity and evergreen but the fidelity contra fund is doing 17.28% ytd and 29.7% for 1 yr
my brother thinks contra is too risky but its preforming
since i have to pay my loan back i was going to lower my deduction to just $10 a week and try to put $5 aweek away for some small cap stock
any advice would be appreciated
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4884 of 76237
Subject: Re: my 401k Date: 8/5/1998 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Mark, and welcome.

to anyone who may to enlighted me
i have a 401k with my company and they match up to $500
i put in 11% of my income which isn't much about $11.50 a week
here's how my picks stand

fidelity advisor growth opp
ytd = 11.46% 1 yr = 24.52%
i put in 50%
evergreen foundation fund
ytd = 7.9% 1 yr = 20.9%
i put in 25%
tomorrow long term
ytd = 8.52% 1 yr = 21.61%
i put in 25%

i borrowed $ 1000 from my 401 to file bankruptcy and to give me a cushion from living week to week
my ex gets most of my paycheck
i was going to go 50/50 with fidelity and evergreen but the fidelity contra fund is doing 17.28% ytd and 29.7% for 1 yr
my brother thinks contra is too risky but its preforming
since i have to pay my loan back i was going to lower my deduction to just $10 a week and try to put $5 aweek away for some small cap stock
any advice would be appreciated

In Fooldom we generally believe the best bet when it comes to investing in stock mutual funds is to put your money into an S&P 500 index fund. You don't mention what choices you have, but if that option is available you should check it out. Over the long term, an index fund historically has provided better returns than you can get in the vast majority of managed stock funds. Don't have one in your plan? Then the next best bet is a fund that at least approaches the returns of the S&P 500 index over the long term and year by year. Look for the best performing fund over the long haul within your plan. Most of the time, that's gonna be the index fund.

Regards….Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement