Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: CUBE2U2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121180  
Subject: Re: S.O.S. MOTLEY FOOL STAFF Date: 12/29/2004 6:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My apologies to you Ira. I must have misunderstood the following statement you made:

"Stop complaining". If you sell 79 acres at $10K/acre (keeping 1 acre around the house), the most you will be paying in taxes is $118,500 on sales proceeds of $790K. "You should be grateful" to the person who was so generous in the first place.

Ira

I interpreted it to mean that you were saying I wasn't apreciative, but I feel i am. And when i give thanks for something i give thanks to God. I happen to be a Christian, so i give thanks to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I slipped up, because i shared this in anger, and of course the bible teaches not to use the Lords name in vain. I was guilty of that and worthily put in my place by the Foolish community. And as for one's religious beliefs, i agree this board is not intended for that purpose. But when asked about being appreciative in the statement of "You should be grateful" to the person who was so generous in the first place, I couldn't agree more. But i also thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and hope that someday i use this blessing to the benefit of others, a lot better than i have on this board.

i have learned a lot in last few days. what started out in anger for me, then turned to a touch of humor, has ended with some better understanding for me personally. Thanks for the comments, both the good and the bad - or as one Fool described "the comments we didn't want to hear but none the less need to be spoken."

Sincerly,

CUBE2U2

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement