Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Seapickle Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 512  
Subject: My attempt to sign up for Talk America Date: 8/9/2003 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I signed up for a Talk plan on the internet on July 3rd. I checked back a few times and saw that my request was being processed. While waiting, I received 2 cold calls to change to Talk but told them I had signed up on the internet. They checked to make sure it was being processed. I noticed they had also run a credit check on me.

It is now Aug 9 and my service has yet to be switched. I haven't received any updates from Talk so I called them. I was told that my service cannot be switched to Talk America because I now have Comcast. I must first switch to SBC (of which Talk is a reseller of) then to Talk. That is fine, but why didn't they tell me this. They said they attempted to switch me 20 times but it was rejected.

I am sure I am not the first Comcast customer to try to switch and Talk must know the situation. So why didn't they just contact me and let me know instead of waiting over a month for me to call them?

Now is it worth it for me to switch to SBC then Talk? Being a shareholder in Talk I would like to have the service. The Talk representatives on the phone have been knowledgeable and friendly but just being left hanging waiting for my service to switch not knowing the situation is not good customer service. Maybe I should have known being that Talk is a reseller of SBC.

I wonder if they would have told me that a Comcast customer cannot directly sign up with Talk if I had signed up during one of the cold calls.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement