UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wintbill Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 305  
Subject: My CFP® Exam Results Date: 9/20/2008 2:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A little more than three years ago I sat for the CFP® Certification Examination. http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22751946

I had no idea what I was getting myself into! There's a reason why the exam's national pass rate over many years averages around 57%.

So I sat for the exam a second time this past July, 3 years after the first go-around. I prepared with about 200 hours of study time, including a 4-day live review held by Ken Zahn (http://www.kenzahn.com).

This time I exited the exam with so much more confidence than my first attempt. I received my results letter today and I'm happy to report that I passed.

Now it's a matter of getting my work experience verified along with my bachelor's degree, so soon I will have my certification.

Bill
Print the post Back To Top
Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300 of 305
Subject: Re: My CFP® Exam Results Date: 9/20/2008 9:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Congratulations!

I don't know if I would have had the balls to take that monstor test twice.

Well done

buzman

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305 of 305
Subject: Re: My CFP® Exam Results Date: 11/13/2008 2:34 PM
I have never taken the CFP(R) Examination. I took and passed the CFA Examinations CFA-I, 1978, CFA-II 1979, & CFA-III 1980.

Retired from Venture Capital Portfolio management position near the end of 1995. I am 64 now in 2008.

Kahuna, CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement