No. of Recommendations: 2
started around 430 when in a tizzy, I went out the door and turn the doorknob lock on and closed the door. I thought I had put the house/car keys in my pocket but noooooooooooooo, I didn't. Luckily, I did have my cellphone in my pocket and half the time I don't do that.

I called AAA and told them my situation and they said if I upgraded my membership I could get house lock out service too....so, not having my address book on me for regular locksmith, I asked how much it would cost me and they said 55 bucks, I said okay, and by 5 pm, the locksmith was there, tickling my lock thingies. :) voila! So I pay $120 a yr for house lockout service plus extended miles for towing. I had been meaning to call about that so it's fate! :)

While waiting for the locksmith who had unlocked my car last Christmas time by the way...I called a friend I hadn't seen in a while and she shared her locked out of the house and car stories. I still felt like a boob and think I'm going to invest in a magnetic key thingie to put up in a wheel well or hide a key under the deck like I had done before but had taken down when I had workers out there this yr.

Went to Costco, went to Pharmacy first filled out paperwork for flu shot, picked up Rx for me and chemo dog, plus some sudafed. Got the shot from the nice and very efficient pharmacist....very good job, didn't even feel it. Some nurses jabs have been painful. This woman was good. Didn't cost me a thing either, they sent it through insurance. yippee!

Went and picked up some vitamins and supplements and green beans for chemo dog and turkey burgers for myself, TP and paper towels for me and the dog obedience club. Went to the photo dept and this was a real time eater, picking out photos to get copies of ...geez louise! Then I went to main checkout, loaded stuff in car and then gassed up. Price was $3.469, cheapers than the cheapest up the street at $3.519. Every penny adds up. I get back in my car at 7 pm and head home.....Lawdymercy!

Now, come to find out my Comcast Internet is on the fritz and I'm on AOL dial up. What fun!

But I'm home, the dogs are fed, I'm fed.....now I'm wondering what's on the tv......I just want to chill for a little while before toodling to bed.

Where is The Biggest Loser? Has it not started yet? It used to be year round almost. Anyone else a fan?

Okay, ohhhh.....dinner was broccoli medley, a can of tuna, some broccoli slaw and mushrooms. I'm going to have some berries and nonfat yogurt in a little while.

that is all for now.

LuckyDog
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I love my CostCo membership. We buy bulk organic food and other healthy choices there a couple of months.

But....

I just found out that CostCo most of it's political donations to democrats. 95% I believe.

While Sam's gives 100% of it's political donations to Republicans.

I'm switching, even though it's less convenient for DW and I.

decath
let me know what the cost differences are decath and selection of items...I think I went once to Sam's club and once to BJ's.
No. of Recommendations: 1
let me know what the cost differences are decath and selection of items...I think I went once to Sam's club and once to BJ's.

I have memberships to both Sam's and Costco.

Where they carry the exact same item/same size, Sam's is usually slightly cheaper. Sam's also caters more to small businesses and has earlier hours. Costco however targets upper middle class families - if the item is similar but not exactly the same, I usually find the Costco item is better quality.

Also I once purchased and returned similar items to each store (on the same day - looking at flooring samples), Costco made the return infinitely simpler.

When DH worked near the Sam's and we drove in together, I tended to shop more at Sam's, now I do most of the shopping at Costco which is closer to home. Also usually get gas there for 5-25 cents less/gal. I'm probably at about 90%/10% Costco/Sams now.

I have the executive membership and the Costco Amex card so they send me checks twice a year on all my purchases. Nice. And probably negates all the differences in prices between the stores.

Since they do carry some different items, I keep a list of things I get at each one. Like pork is cheaper at Sam's but I like Costco's hamburger more. Produce is always better quality at Costco. And with the roast chickens - Costco's are usually bigger birds (and maybe 50 cents more). And Sam's carries the coffee syrups I like, but Costco sells milk way cheaper. Big things of pasta for church suppers - Sams.

Disclosure: I own shares of Costco.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
A Costco just opened up near us. I haven't bought a membership... still not sure I'd save enough money there to make it worth the cost of a membership. If I still had my Amex card that wouldn't be a problem (and I should still have it, but I won't get into why I don't... a financial disagreement between me and my wife suffice it to say, oy!) but I don't so, moot point. My mom has a Costco membership, sometimes we piggy-back on hers.

I could buy prescriptions or booze there, but I don't buy very much booze (practically never!) and we have a good prescription plan at work so I just go to CVS (because I'd pay the same wherever I so on our plan.)
A Costco just opened up near us. I haven't bought a membership... still not sure I'd save enough money there to make it worth the cost of a membership.

I am a BJ's member a Costco type store, which carried the brand of disposable diapers I used when I became a member quite a while ago (no I have needed Depends for a long time smart arse!)

I have found that if you are a person who takes the time to actually shop around multiple stores for sales and load up, it is very hard to cover the cost of membership by your savings. Usually you can do better with supermarket sale prices, if you are in an area where you hit multiple-stores -- for the non-retired, well it can be hard to justify multiple stores.

Just my observations
I did a walk through Sams about 2 years ago and the prices seemed about the same. The main difference was selection. At the time, Costco had more organic selections as well as more foods we tend to buy.

I'll let you know what I find out. After posting, I remembered that Sam's was more limited on some of the things we typically buy. So I'll have to do another walk through before I make my decision.

decath
let me know what the cost differences are decath and selection of items...I think I went once to Sam's club and once to BJ's. - Ld

------------------

I have a Sams membership but I have shopped at Costco quite a few times tagging along with a couple of my friends are Costco people. I thionk Costco has a better selection, especially in the area of groceries. Prices seemed about the same to me. I would get a Costco and drop Sams except the nearest Costco is about 50 miles from here in NW Houston.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I would get a Costco and drop Sams except the nearest Costco is about 50 miles from here in NW Houston." - bighairymike

Closest Costco to us is in Nashville which is about ~ 35+ miles away. We have had a Sam's Club membership for years. We buy lots of stuff there.

Art
We have had a Sam's Club membership for years. We buy lots of stuff there.

Art

--------------

I bought a lot of stuff at Sams years ago when I was living in the big house in suburbia lifestyle with the succubus and the kids at home.

These days, I only go there a few times a year when I need to replenish various OTC meds and vitamins. But when I'm there, I always buy two or three big wedges of parmegian cheese. They have that Belgioioso brand for under $6 per pound and I treat myself... man is it goooob. I make it the main course of my dinners, along with some sliced up raw vegetables. I set the whole wedge on a cutting board and slice off razor thin slices and just snack the evening away and call it dinner.

I am getting low on glucosamine/condroitin and multivitamins and actually have been anticipating my next trip to Sams for the cheesy reward that goes with it.
succubus

Snork!!! A female demon. I take it that you two didn't part on good terms <g>.
succubus

Snork!!! A female demon. I take it that you two didn't part on good terms <g>. - wolverine

----------------------

We were married one month short of 25 years. She starting dating again sometime around year 10, and carried an affair with an old boyfriend until year 23 when I found out about it. However her biggest transgression was using the kids, my son really, as a weapon against me in the divorce. Never will forgive her for that.
"I am getting low on glucosamine/condroitin and multivitamins and actually have been anticipating my next trip to Sams for the cheesy reward that goes with it." bighairymike

Sam's sells two big (raw) chickens in a bag and they are really nice for roasting whole. I throw one in the freezer and usually roast the other as soon as I get it home. I don't like the ones they roast as much because they overcook them and the breast is too dry. I just dump a whole bunch of spices on the chicken and throw it in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes, along with some foil wrapped baked potatoes and/or sweet potatoes, and maybe some kind of vegetables cut up into chunks with olive oil, garlic salt, and lemon juice. It's a meal fit for a King.

King Arthur
Advertisement