UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976590  
Subject: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 10:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.golocalworcester.com/politics/Elizabeth-Warren-Un...

The Massachusetts establishment, and other liberal bloggers, leapt to Warren’s defense. This included the general counsel for the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, who stated to MassLawyersWeekly.com that if Warren was only “dabbling” in the law she didn’t need a license in Massachusetts to practice before the Federal bench. Warren’s defenders took that as, the Board of Bar Overseers saying there was no merit in the charges. The general counsel was forced to clarify to Professor Jacobson that he was only speaking personally, and in any official capacity.
Another Warren Defender

Another Warren defender who initially dismissed Jacobson’s claims has changed his mind after Jacobson later in the week answered “all my objections.” The main objection by the League of Ordinary Gentleman blogger was that Warren had not represented Massachusetts Clients or practiced in a Massachusetts court. Jacobson uncovered that, in fact, Warren did represent a Massachsuetts client in an appeal to the First Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston, on a question of Massachusetts law. This is clearly practicing in Massachusetts without a Massachusetts license.

Jacobson later revealed that Warren had over a dozen law clients out of her Cambridge Office in 2002. This clearly shows more than a “dabbling” in the law.

Warren’s defenders, and the Warren campaign are continuing to obfuscate the truth by muddying the waters on this issue. This past weekend Jacobson uncovered that after being questioned about Warren’s ability to practice law, someone changed Warren’s Texas Bar registration from “not eligible” to practice law to “inactive” in a matter of a few days. When contacted, Kim Davey the Public Information Director of the Texas Bar confirmed, before this new revelation, that Warren’s status has been inactive since June 1, 1992. A full twenty plus years. Davey told GoLocalWorcester.com that this, “basically means that the lawyer cannot practice the law in Texas.”

As each day goes on, and more is uncovered, it is becoming increasingly clear that Elizabeth Warren may have committed at the minimum a misdemeanor under Massachusetts Law, the practice of law without a license in Massachusetts.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820492 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 0
I'm still not persuaded.

Ken

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820495 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 11:29 AM
Recommendations: 6
Forget it Ken. St Patrick is having a breakdown before our very eyes.

It's not a pretty sight.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820498 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 11:33 AM
St Patrick is having a breakdown

More like St. Patrick is cracking up at all you who gave time and money to this charlatan.

Hey, maybe she just needs more money in order to be less of a phony. Send more money: https://donate.elizabethwarren.com/page/contribute/web?sourc...

The more you donate, the more native american she gets.

C'mon. Give till it hurts!

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820499 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 2
The more you donate, the more native american she gets.

C'mon. Give till it hurts!

Or in an interesting confluence of a stereotyped Indian culture and conman, come get scalped.

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820723 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/3/2012 7:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
Forget it Ken. St Patrick is having a breakdown before our very eyes.

It's not a pretty sight.

I really don't think its the "original" St Patrick.
You don't go from reputable poster to complete douchbag like that.

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820945 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/4/2012 9:17 AM
Recommendations: 3
Again, the worst that happened is she forgot to pay bar dues.

It happens.

IF she was brought on as additional counsel.....say, to write briefs or prepare opinion memos......she didn't even need to be a lawyer. Before I became a lawyer, I wrote quite a few briefs and memos as a clerk. Now, if the brief went in under her name....but she didn't pay bar dues....that could be a technical violation, but believe me, no one cares about that. IF she appeared in court, then that is a bigger issue...but that issue should have been raised by opposing counsel. Law professors regularly give their opinions on issues, and write briefs, and appear as expert witnesses.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820951 of 1976590
Subject: Re: My Cousin Lizzy: Undocumented Lawyer Date: 10/4/2012 9:21 AM
"but believe me, no one cares about that"

SP cares, and hopes other Brown supporters or undecideds do too.

Ken

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement