UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: hvyevy2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 169  
Subject: Re: Advice requested Date: 8/18/1999 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My customary apologies in advance if I have guessed wrong.<I/>

You sly fox you!!! You have only guessed wrong on my age. My wife will be 70 in about 3 weeks and I will be 70 on 4/1/00. Are you saying that basically I will be tax free? Gee, I sure hope so. Between you and GrayWulff you have told me so much. You have not told me how to overcome my trepidation on doing it myself, nor have you told me how to dump my oh-so-helpful Wiseman. He has not really done too badly for me, but I have done better in my 401(a) and 403(b) with Valic doing my own directing. My feeling are that I will ladder some 5 years worth of bonds to supplement the retirement income I will get, put some of the rest in the FF (making sure I will have enough income; that still scares me, especially 4/30/00 when there will be no paycheck) and look for something else to grow on. Any other suggestions. Again, thanks to both JABoa and GrayWulff. hvyevy2
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement