No. of Recommendations: 1
My DH has a "lovely" collection of magazines from months and years past. He views them as "resources". I also have some magazines I keep for business purposes. This weekend DH got the bug to tackle the magazines, which have been piled on tables, stacked on our office shelf, and piled (neatly) in a closet. By sorting and storing our magazines (mostly in tubs in the crawl space), we'll be opening up a lot of valuable real estate for my business use and other storage needs. Wow, I didn't realize how much space our magazines had taken up! Hopefully we'll have this part of our organization wrapped up this weekend. Yay!
-------------

I think I am the only person in my family with the ability to throw a magazine away. And my family make good use of me. Everyone saves their magazines to give to me. I read them, and then I throw them away.

I lived in AR for a couple of years. I hadn't seen my grandmother in probably 4 or 5 years, so I went to visit her shortly after I got there. Her hall tree was covered in stacks of magazines. There were 4 or 5 stacks and each was 2 feet tall. Lots of Better Homes and Garden, Good Housekeeping, and Reader's Digest, and some Woman's Day, Family Circle, Redbook, and the like. She sent me home with *all* of them. She told me that in the past week a man had come to her door to sell her something and he asked if she collected magazines. She replied, "Yes!" Of course, this is the same woman who saved the lids to aerosol spray containers in a box in the basement. Who knows when they might come in handy? LOL She actually sent my dad down to get them one winter day when we were visiting when I was a kid so that my brother and sister could play with them like blocks. If it were me and I thought to save them, I'm sure I'd promptly forget that I had, or I'd at least forget where they were!

Rebecca
spent 3 months reading those magazines and tossed them as I went
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement