Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My disgruntlement with Vista x64 mostly comes down to drivers. At present, I run a motley assortment of new and old, and one of the crankiest things I run into every time I want to upgrade something is whether or not it'll continue to work with something else. Case in point: My LG Vx8300 cell phone from Verizon. The thing works beautifully with my old HP laptop with XP Home, but it's nothing but a brick on my XP x64 desktop, because Verizon doesn't seem to think it's important enough to release a 64-bit driver for it. Seems rather silly to me, given that x64 is generally able to use 32-bit drivers, but hey, what do I know? I'm just a user trying to enjoy what I've already bought and paid for less than a year ago!

Since Vista itself is new, and has all sorts of new "protections" (that apparently are rather useless), I have no desire to get into another war with my computer trying to make my two printers, three cameras, scanner, and other various props and gadgets work. The stuff is functional now, so why change?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement