No. of Recommendations: 0
My employer somtimes lists my 401 contributions as after tax contributions, so this question has come up in my mind. If I leave my employer - you are saying

"(4) If you take early retirement or if you leave your employer and, let's say, want to roll your
401(k) into an IRA, those after-tax funds will come to you directly, tax-free (of course) to do
with as you choose."

That the money will be sent directly to me and will be able to be placed directly in to a roth or do I have to have the plan send it to a roth providor. Can all of the after taxed amount able to be placed into the roth or do I have to deal with the 2000 limit?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.