Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm sitting in a cafe, somewhere in Italy I think...

The view is spectacular! Overlooking the blue Med...

Sipping the morning coffee, I've got the PDA out, lesurely browsing financial accounts...I arrange the annual 72(t) payout...

Having dealt with financial affairs, I head back to the dock, to the boat, to prepare for a departure later in the week...

To where? Anywhere!

Chuck

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Love it, love it, love it!

(So how do we do it?)

-Gekko II
GekkoII asked: So how do we do it?

Well, I'm planning to do it with a highly concentrated stock portfolio over the next 5 to 10 years. Then I will put 5 years of projected income into cash, the rest into SPX...And start cruisin'...

I hear you can lead a fairly nice life on $2K/month while cruising...I'm not planning to be a "budget" cruiser...

The alternate plan (or "Plan B") is to forget the cruising, and just wander aimlessly...
A month here, 2 months there...

Chuck
Cruising on what, if you don't mind my asking?

Gekko II
Gekko asked: Cruising on what, if you don't mind my asking?

No, I don't mind at all!

My approach is a little different from Dory, who's boat is quite a beauty, isn't it?

I'll probably be getting the wind powered variety of cruiser, but I've not completely ruled out a trawler...

Right now I'm kinda torn, but I'm leaning toward a medium sized Catamaran...35 to 40ft...

I'm going to the "Strictly Sail" boat show in Chicago this weekend to do some window shopping...

Any Chicagolandians here?

Chuck
I wish I wasn't half way across the US or I'd hit that show with you. Window shopping is half the fun. Have a good time.

-Gekko II
Advertisement