Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[My family has a trust and a second QTIP or "C" trust. I was looking for a way to max the 10,000
dollar gift and
add a little more in a safe cost friendly investment.]]

So then give the cash and then have the child invest that cash in an appropriate DRIP account. It basically takes the funds out of your estate (maybe not...if under a custodial account), but may help you to meet your goals.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.