UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Spyneyes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63231  
Subject: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 1:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Some of my Favorite Lines from movies ...

Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to get over. – Sandra Bullock, “Hope Floats.”

My idea has always been that if we could bring the mothers of the various nations together then there would be no more war. -- Ruth Wilcox, "Howard's End"

The court doesn't exist to get em' justice. It exists to give em' a chance at justice. -- Paul Newman, “The Verdict.”

Somebody's kidnapped justice and hid it in the law. – Hal Holbrook from movie with Michael Douglas

There is a justice higher than that of man. I will be judged by him. – Stephen King's "Misery"

I fully support gun control. When there's a gun around, I want control.
-- Clint Eastwood, "Pink Cadillac"

Life is God given, it is sacred. We must have control over how or when we take it away. -- Crocker Jarmon (Robert Redford), Republican Senator from California, "The Candidate"

I get around as nature intended, in a car. – Kate, "French Kiss"

That's it! The reports are in! Life is officially unfair! – Iago, "Return of Jafar"

You cannot conquer injustice with more injustice; only with justice and the help of God. -- Reverand Griffith (Walter Pidgeon), "How Green Was My Valley"

We all accept the reality of the world we're presented. – Ed Harris “The Truman Story"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. – Kaiser Solsay, “The Usual Suspects.”

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton Movie (1885-1945)

Experience is a brutal teacher – C.S. Lewis, “Shadowlands”

It only costs 100% more to go first class. -- Sean Connery, "Family Affair" with Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick

A million dollars worth of promise worth two-cents on delivery. -- Bang the Drum Slowly.”

Hitch your wagon to a star sweetheart. I've lived my life by that. Robert Duvall, HBO Movie “The Stars Fell on Henrietta”

All I wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work – "Sgt. Bilko"
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Hollywood Stock Exchange Game
Trade those actors and movies on the HSX board.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement