UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Spyneyes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63232  
Subject: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 1:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Some of my Favorite Lines from movies ...

Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to get over. – Sandra Bullock, “Hope Floats.”

My idea has always been that if we could bring the mothers of the various nations together then there would be no more war. -- Ruth Wilcox, "Howard's End"

The court doesn't exist to get em' justice. It exists to give em' a chance at justice. -- Paul Newman, “The Verdict.”

Somebody's kidnapped justice and hid it in the law. – Hal Holbrook from movie with Michael Douglas

There is a justice higher than that of man. I will be judged by him. – Stephen King's "Misery"

I fully support gun control. When there's a gun around, I want control.
-- Clint Eastwood, "Pink Cadillac"

Life is God given, it is sacred. We must have control over how or when we take it away. -- Crocker Jarmon (Robert Redford), Republican Senator from California, "The Candidate"

I get around as nature intended, in a car. – Kate, "French Kiss"

That's it! The reports are in! Life is officially unfair! – Iago, "Return of Jafar"

You cannot conquer injustice with more injustice; only with justice and the help of God. -- Reverand Griffith (Walter Pidgeon), "How Green Was My Valley"

We all accept the reality of the world we're presented. – Ed Harris “The Truman Story"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. – Kaiser Solsay, “The Usual Suspects.”

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton Movie (1885-1945)

Experience is a brutal teacher – C.S. Lewis, “Shadowlands”

It only costs 100% more to go first class. -- Sean Connery, "Family Affair" with Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick

A million dollars worth of promise worth two-cents on delivery. -- Bang the Drum Slowly.”

Hitch your wagon to a star sweetheart. I've lived my life by that. Robert Duvall, HBO Movie “The Stars Fell on Henrietta”

All I wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work – "Sgt. Bilko"
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: abbiesdad Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9009 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 8:06 AM
Somebody's kidnapped justice and hid it in the law. – Hal Holbrook from movie with Michael Douglas

Wasn't the movie "The Star Chamber?"

One of my favorite lines was from Bogart and I cannot remember the movie:

"I never met a dame who didn't understand a slap in the face or a slug from a .45."

Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9010 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 9:03 AM
One of my favorite lines was from Bogart and I cannot remember the movie:

"I never met a dame who didn't understand a slap in the face or a slug from a .45."

I remeber that line in Woody Allen's Play it Again, Sam but I don't remember Bogey ever using it.

Bob

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9011 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 10:32 AM
"Chewing gum on line?! I hope you brought enough for everyone!" Hedley Lamar in Blazing Saddles

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9012 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 11:00 AM
From the movie "They Live", later quoted in the game "Duke Nukem 3d":

I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Author: kallaloostx One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9019 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 3:33 PM
"Her womb was a rocky place where my seed could not find purchase."
Hi to Ed "Raising Arizona"

There are more in that movie, but that was my favorite.

Author: TJLea Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9020 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 3:38 PM
My favorite quote changes with my mood but I always loved this one and rarely see it.

From the Cincinnati Kid, 1965

Lancey Howard: Gets down to what it's all about, doesn't it? Making the wrong move at the right time.

Cincinnati Kid: Is that what it's all about?

Lancey Howard: Like life, I guess. You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it.

TJ

Author: 5SpeedFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9022 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 4:03 PM
President: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Clergyman: Do you read the Bible often, General?
Patton: Every Goddamn day.

Ty Webb: A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a danish.

Author: Spyneyes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9023 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/29/2001 5:11 PM
"Wasn't the movie 'The Star Chamber?'"

Yes it was! Thanks for helping me with the source. Somewhere along the line I had forgotten it. It was a great movie and well received by the critics.

Author: trapcook Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9035 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/30/2001 4:47 PM
"That John Denver's full of s**t, man." - Dumb and Dumber

Author: ritziefille One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9040 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 6/30/2001 8:27 PM
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. – Kaiser Solsay, “The Usual Suspects.” Good one.

I need help on one from Tremors, Fred Ward's character says it, but now I can't remember the first part: "We plan all right. That's why we never get anything done."

Author: AngryCandy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9079 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 1:00 AM
Geez, you didn't even get his best quotes.

And I'll try to post it so it won't get Fool Alerted:

"You run an obstacle course like old people f(ool)!"

"You look like the kind of man who'd f(ool) another man in the ass and not even have the common courtesy to give him a reach around!"

-chris

Author: spartacus17 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9090 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 1:11 PM
Former US Marines Drill Instructor R. Lee Ermey was hired as a consultant on how to drill USMC style. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse non-stop for fifteen minutes without stopping, repeating himself, or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges. Director Stanley Kubrick was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Sgt Hartmann, ordered a transcript of the audition tape (it came to 250 pages), and exclusively used Ermey's insults in the script.

Having gone through Marine Corps boot camp, most of what he uttered was hardly any different than what we were regaled with.

Author: TMFBraden Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9091 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 3:28 PM
//Hi to Ed "Raising Arizona"

There are more in that movie, but that was my favorite.//

"SHORT FOR EDWINA! TURN TO THE RIGHT!"

Best,

Dave
TMFBraden

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9092 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 4:01 PM
Another from "Raising Arizona":

"Hey, balloons! Do these blow up into funny shapes and all?"
"Uh, no... unless round is funny."

And for some reason that reminds me of a line from "Nothing to Lose":
Tim Robbins walks into a gas station, having just accidentally set fire to his shoes. They are still smoking.
Attendant: "You must be really fast."

Author: themeateater Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9093 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 6:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
Angry Candy - And I'll try to post it so it won't get Fool Alerted:

"You run an obstacle course like old people f(ool)!"

"You look like the kind of man who'd f(ool) another man in the ass and not even have the common courtesy to give him a reach around!"

Thank God the movie wasn't fool alerted.... They'd have to call Fool Metal Jacket.

BTW - my orginal didn't get past the alert.

Bruno the Meateater

Author: AngryCandy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9094 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 7:32 PM
<<"You run an obstacle course like old people f(ool)!">>

BTW, I blew the line.

It's "You climb obstacles like old people f(ool)!"

Which is much funnier.

-chris

Author: soldat4800 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9105 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/2/2001 9:19 PM
William Hurt: Sounds like you need a tune-up.

Kathleen Turner: And I'll bet you've got just the tool for it.

In Body Heat just after Kathleen Turner tells him that she has a normal body temperature of 101.

Author: SirChip Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9113 of 63232
Subject: Re: My Favorite Movie Lines Date: 7/3/2001 10:33 AM
From the little seen "Fandango"...

Judd Nelson: "Gardner! You are the most irresponsible person I've ever met!"

Kevin Costner: "Well, somebody had to be."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement