Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Caesium Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265  
Subject: My Favourite Post Date: 2/7/2002 2:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This is the first Fool contest of the 3 held so far that I have participated in and I do so because the competition offered me an opportunity to advertise what is to me one the greatest posts I have ever read during my time as a member of the Fool community.

It was by Bruce Brown and as one of the most favorite Fools amongst so many of us here probably most of you read it when it was first published way back in September 2000. It was titled "Fat Pipe #3 - Data Storage/Movement" and received 260 recs so I guess I am not alone in my admiration.
It is not a very inspiring title for what followed yet it contains for me the whole cornucopia of what makes Fooldom such a happy place to visit.
It had wit(lots of it), intelligent analysis(making a tough subject easy to understand), and sheer quality of writing.
It encompassed among other things travelling back in time to 1904, an hilarious account of an argument with his Wife, (Bruce lost the argument of course), hanging his dismantled iBook pieces on the line to dry out after he bathed it by accident, a tribute to the late Robert Preston, a treatise on what makes a Diva successful, and also of course the meat of the post, effortlessly linking all of the above to the main subject matter, the history of, and investment potentials within, the data storage industry.

For those lucky enough not to have read it yet,(lucky because you still have the pleasure to come) here is the link:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13289301

One footnote, it is an extremely long post, a full 19 A4 pages if you copied it but heck if you haven't the time or inclination to read 19 pages of quality then you are not a Fool.
Sadly Bruce's interests are mainly in sectors that I do not follow or invest in so I come across him only rarely but when I do it is my pleasure to read him.
Bruce, I have never met you nor am I likely to, but I salute you wherever you may be.

Caesium
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement