UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Mei2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308363  
Subject: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/11/1999 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello, all fellow Fools!

I paid off my 401(k) loan ('twas a two-year loan and I managed to pay it off in less than a year) and I'm going to pay off my credit card debt before September 1999 (when the teaser rate, 4.9%, goes up).

I was looking at about $10,000 total debt (excluding student loans) back in late 1997, and now it's down to $3,500. During this time, I even switched to a lower-paying job (it's okay, though; I really, really like this lower-paying job). (So, if I can do it, YOU can too!)

Thank you all for your great, inspiring stories.

We'll dance again in September.

The Iron Maiden

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7668 of 308363
Subject: Re: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/11/1999 7:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Wow!

Congratulatons Ms Maiden! ;-) You are an inspiration to many more people than you will ever know.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Author: SteveOkino One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7670 of 308363
Subject: Re: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/11/1999 10:52 PM
That first Happy Dance feels so GOOD, doesn't it!

Congratulations, and keep the faith on the journey toward September.

Aloha,
Steve in Honolulu

Author: tbeyers Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7673 of 308363
Subject: Re: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/12/1999 9:18 AM

Congratulations! Like Steve in Honolulu said, that first Happy Dance feels great -- like having a massive weight lifted off your shoulders. Now you know you can debt-free forever.

I'll make a note to reserve a Happy Dance for you in September.

Tim

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7688 of 308363
Subject: Re: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/12/1999 6:53 PM
I was looking at about $10,000 total debt (excluding student loans) back in late 1997, and now it's down to $3,500.

Congratulations, Mei2! It sounds like you're almost there!

It's going to be quite a Happy Dance once you've gotten the rest eliminated, and now you can start thinking about all the Foolish uses for the money that you "Won't" be paying to the creditors.

Way to go!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: pwyles Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7797 of 308363
Subject: Re: My first Happy Dance - Iron Maiden Date: 3/16/1999 2:58 PM
WooHoo! another oppurtunity to Happy Dance!

~~paul

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement