Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JosephWNixon One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 53  
Subject: My First Visit to Talbots - 24 yo Male <G> Date: 5/30/2001 12:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK,

So I got the investor relations pack and read the annual and quarterly reports and the cute factoids that came with it and I decided Talbots was someting worth looking into further. Since there is one not 10 miles from my houe, I decided to stop by there this afternoon while running some errands.

I had never been into a Talbot's before and was pretty impressed with the layout, the quality of the clothing, the business of the store (af 3pm on Tuesday) and the over-all concept. It definately had a boutique sort of feel that I could see a lot of women like my mother and sister going for. I did not see any flashy signs for sales.

I had a chance to speak with the manager a little and she seemed pretty enthusiastic about the store. I think she was also mighty relieved to find out why a 24 year old college guy was in her store... (Of course for all she knew, I could have been buying something for mom!)

I like the company. I like what I see at the store, what I heard from the manager, what I read in the report. I like the fact that at UPS it does not matter what little forsaken corner of the earth the truck you are in is going to, you will have Talbot's Boxes.

Methinks this is a good place to invest.

Joseph
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement