Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 53806  
Subject: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 1:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 67
Though I reject both cultural and peer pressure when I paraphrase the Prisoner and say “I am a man, not a colored star” there are expectations and pleasantries associated with milestones which I choose to honor. This is my 5,000 post and I will take the opportunity to reflect on my foolish journey. As with most I started on the stock boards. Unlike most I registered before the “web” (while this was on AOL exclusively). Hence on my profile the “A Registered Fool Since at least December 1997,” appears. Since then it has been a great ride.

As with all academy-award-like-posts some people will be left out. This is unintentional and I mean no harm. If I have ever shared a thread with you or swapped an Email then thanks for helping me out and sharing my journey. I should have taken the cowards way out and not mentioned anyone but that seemed to fall flat.

First let me thank my Favorite Fools who are limited to those those whom
…I have personally met. They are CaveGirl, PoodleLover, MacMurph, SirYoda and my brother TJsBrother.

…Run my favorite board, BOPE. , Sunrunner4. Aaron you are my ambassador of Quan.

….have earned Lifetime achievement status by posting with quality and quantity on the same boards that I do, and also by sticking up for me when I'm not around. The only one on the list so far is Lisa6.

…Simbob (who no doubt regrets the limit on the number of times you can change your screenname in a given year) who I maintain as a favorite fool because I read everything he writes and he serves as a reminder that disagreement does not mean disrespect.

… and a new Favorite Fool added just today in recognition for doing the dirty work above and beyond the call of duty and helping to make these boards such an interesting place. TMFBogey.

Now onto my journey. My first real experience with the social boards was NADA. I enjoyed my limited time there but never really fit in. I would later return and learn a lesson in flame warring that has never needed repeating. To simbob, my former white whale and now someone I think of as a friend, and to all the other NADAians, JGC123, AngelMay,Angry Candy, AmandaHugginkiss, King Mullet, JJinLA, AOLFoolman, HopsMaltYeast, Seattle Pioneer, NoSeeUm, TheSilentType, Anigma, Ogrecat, wxegsr, Tony44 and Jiml8 all the others even if you have no idea who I am I give you thanks.

Then I wandered over to political asylum which seemed to fit me more. Simply put I learned a lot there and my time there has reshaped my view of the world and of people. My faith in each other was restored and I am now a cheery optimist. Considering that during my time there I was AdrianSpidle's and Simbob's “least favorite fool” simultaneously, I think I can say that I at least added to the conversation. Thanks in no particular to readyteddy, dovbaer, bcairns, ladyrollingstone, spikie, pidgi, the dean of PA mcemerson, tgrman, zman49, katinga , carajillo, pookiepuss, primenumbergirl, coloradoaggie, coolidgefool, foolme1111, Vile, jediknight, anigma, ericb888, stvfox, sicilliandragon, hammer89, jammerh, lurkermom, stonewalls, rinjr 715, noughitall, washu scotbb, lurker mom, vetiver, bwarbiany, sonofed, ironicfelix, trunks13, navy 58, cyanatic, fullerkz, , bobsutton, tori26 . I'm going to stop now even though I've left a lot of names off. I know this list is incomplete. All the inmates have a special place in my heart.

It was MacMurph who lured me from the thematic social boards to the more fun oriented ones. Gimme My Recs was a major hang out for a while. Since I couldn't maintain the read and rec protocols I eventually wandered away. Thanks to Robjankus, redbarron7, AlsoChorizo, bigbunkler, primesuspect, duchessbeerho, amishtrash, Johnny billions, jukeboxhero, fondapenny, moellman, ntoriousdan, gabe, sonnycher wildcat, the doppel treborjames, greglorton, plaidprincess, rosebear, ramsees, again too many names and not enough memory. However special thanks goes out to my favorite GMRer DomingoKnife who will always be a very favorite fool of mine.

From there I wandered the boards like Cain from Kung Fu. I enjoyed spending time at 77's House of Pigskin, football guys don't need individual accolades so to the whole board thanks and well done Raider77, clones and the rest of you. I was also Satisfied with my stars and recs. On to our Military Fools… to all my Bros thanks and take care of each other. To Runkle and BinkleyBT a special thanks and special recognition to dcnelliot, the trauma surgeon who was the first line of care for the casualties of the battle of Mogadishu. A real fool hero. GOLAP is a nice board, thanks to JavaTraveler, TMFRavynous and others who post there. Also a warm thanks to the Fools in Colorado who have been the only fools I've met in real life. Chessboard of fury is also a nice haunt. Feninger, psuasskisser, tomobedlam and all the rest thanks. Peace and Boat Drinks to you JPS and the rest of the Martini Club. It took a while but I am a Fan. To the posters on the Geek boards Comic Book Reader; Star Trek; Tolkien Lewis etc… I won't “out you” but I thank each and everyone of you. To a classified board where I threatened to post my goldstar post but was dissuaded, I thank you for letting me “Lurk in the Shire.”

Then I got lost in the skunks, café l'eff, part of the board. Thanks to O-Man redsavina, sarcasmman, sedated, sync, TD3, UKBB, Knight427, Iserrin, agentpreppie, hockeyphool, wizardphool and all the rest.

I eventually went to ground and semiretired to the board of Pure Evil. To all the posters and officers I thank you. As recorded by SR4 they are SR4, Markux, MacMurph –Meppen99 (Anja) –Darkside LucidDreamer – DOPE of BOPE MarkandSusanV, 75007 – DOW2000 –TjsBrother - Iserrin –Rosebear –AgentPreppie Mapletree3 - Psuasskicker –JoolzRoolz And littlecodekitten the cafeteria worker. Also to Obviousman again (obviously) QAWoman, BRIANNR, dakerayes, UncleLee, bdluckyshot, Anigma, jh21045, jahford; cibeus, paiperairplane, dejakester, sync2sync, patchdodd, Bonhoeffer and TangerineKieth and the rest of you not listed by SR4.

Now that I've mentioned just about everyone in fooldom let me thank all those who have taken the time to make me a fave. Everyone I have encountered on this board has enriched me somehow. You are all to be commended.

Lastly to Kaigun. Where are you old friend. I miss you. If anyone has a line on him please let me know.

To any of you who have made it this far now, you now know why my 2K, 3K, and 4K posts had no content.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 1:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
To any of you who have made it this far now, you now know why my 2K, 3K, and 4K posts had no content.

What's content?

Patrick - Looking for Content

PS Congrats TJ!

Author: JoolzRoolz Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:07 PM
Congratulations, TJ! You have done exactly what I am going to do when I reach gold star... request a board. I have some time to think of a theme.

I am humbled that you took the time to mention me in your gold star post. Thank you.

I fav'd the board and will lurk for awhile to see how things will be around here. I do not know if I have the wit or wisdom to really contribute in a way that you are envisioning for the board. It feels comfy in here, though. The image of a pub and fire always warms my heart.

Joolz

Author: Moellemann Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:07 PM
Congarats for going Gold, TJ!!
Very good post and nice looking BGS.
I'm sorry I have no rec right now for you since I'm out of them.
But I promise to hand you one or two first thing tomorrow morning!

Heinz
btw did you realize I went green today on BI? So did Ez!

Ez's http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17526269

and mine http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17526967

I will crosslink yours on BI, but be aware that most of them don't have any recs left today!

Author: Sunrunner4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:08 PM
Nice post, and nice place.

Sunrunner4 - knows simplicity is sometimes best.

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:11 PM
Recommendations: 0
What's content?

You are correct sir...

I should have said words.

TJ

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:12 PM
You have done exactly what I am going to do when I reach gold star... request a board

Look at me I'm a trend setter.

Be welcome.

TJ

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:13 PM
Vielen Dank Heinz,

Do not worry about the recs I just wanted to say thanks to folks like you who have made these 5 years worthwhile.

TJ

Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:18 PM
Hey TJ!

Like every scrolly post from you, this Goldstar post was a pretty good read!

Congrats, TJ, my friend!

But I'm afraid to say that this 5K post had content.

Anyway, I am so glad that I had the honor to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you again sometimes soon.

yours in Gold
MacMurph

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:18 PM
Nice post, and nice place.

At least I can stop b!tching about Atheist Fools now, I can also stop dragging my scrolly content laden crap into BOPE.

TJ

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:20 PM
Thanks Mac. Without you I really wouldn't be here. I will dedicate post number 42 to you if you don't get it first.

Thanks for all the fish.

TJ
Mostly Harmless

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:21 PM
Sunrunner4 - knows simplicity is sometimes best.

Is it too early to talk with mergers and aquisition about an alliance?

TJ

Author: mcemerson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:29 PM
Hey TJ, congrats on the gold star. Wish you would drop by PA more often, we could use some civility. ;~)

Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:30 PM
Without you I really wouldn't be here. I will dedicate post number 42 to you if you don't get it first.

Without your parents you really wouldn't be there. My '42' milestone posts were only the initial spark to get you to the dark side of the social boards. You would have been here sometimes sooner or later as well, that's sure.

And dedicate the 42 post to Douglas Adams, he is the genius, not me.

(If you are able to get it)

Cheers!
Mac

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:33 PM
Hey TJ, congrats on the gold star. Wish you would drop by PA more often, we could use some civility. ;~)

Post number three hear has some rules of engagement on how to be civilized. Feel free to share it with the inmates. Next time you think about starting a thread I would be honored if you started it here so I can see if we can have a civilized political discussion on the boards.

TJ
Not the Dean

Author: psuasskicker Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:47 PM
psuasskisser

Thanks...ordinarily I'd drag you down to the batcave and show you why I picked the moniker I did. However, it's your gold star post, and this isn't BoPE, so I guess I'll let you get away with that one... ;-)

Why don't you come on back and play me in a game?

Congrats on 5,000. Hopefully I won't blow right by mine. I went by 2,500 without even noticing.

Chris...kicking @$$es since 1990, but kissing them since 1985...

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:50 PM
Thanks...ordinarily I'd drag you down to the batcave and show you why I picked the moniker I did

You're the only big ten guy I know so I had to get a dig in somewhere.

Go Blue!

Actually I'm free for a game. When you're ready I'd love to play but I'd like to play it here unless that would upset your board sensibilities.

Love ya man!

TJ

Author: HockeyPhool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:56 PM
(to borrow a Skunk(s) phrase)

Conga rats, TJ! Thanks for the mention.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the get-together on your most recent swing through FiCO. I hope I get the chance to remedy that mistake.

HockeyPhool
...long way away from my BGS®...

Author: psuasskicker Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 2:58 PM
I'll cross post, we'll play it here.

May be good advertising for both our boards! :-)

Chris...marketing genius...

Author: foundapenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 3:27 PM
Congo rats on the Gold Star.

Thanks for remembering me.

Nice board.

Penny

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 3:29 PM
Thanks for remembering me.

I tried to remember everyone but as soon as i posted I immediately started a list of those who I had missed. I hope they will forgive me.

Nice board

I hope you feel welcome.

TJ

Author: amishtrash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 3:52 PM
Conga Rats on that BGS.

Author: CaveGirl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 3:55 PM
TJ,

It was a pleasure meeting you face to face and reading your posts at B.O.P.E. still leaves me in hysterics.

One of these days I'll make it out to your part of the world. It would make me happy buying you beer and shooting the breeze once more.

Your Friend,
CaveGirl

Author: rosebear Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 4:06 PM

TJ, what an excellent post! Congratulations.

Kelly

Author: Sunrunner4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 4:33 PM
"Is it too early to talk with mergers and aquisition about an alliance?"

Partnerships are also available. BOPE can think strategically.

Sunrunner4 - striking Jack Welch pose.

Author: Moellemann Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 4:54 PM
Vielen Dank Heinz,

Do not worry about the recs I just wanted to say thanks to folks like you who have made these 5 years worthwhile.

TJ

That's nice you're saying that, anyways rec for who deserves one :o)
Heinz

Author: TangerineKeith Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 4:57 PM
Congrats TJ on a fine achievement, and a friendly new board.

I had a couple of recs left for special occasions and am happy that you got one of them!

Faved the board and I'll be back for a pint later.

Keith

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/17/2002 9:44 PM
Congrats on the Gold Star, TJ!! Well done!

Yoda
*Still a Lowly Red Star*

Author: GunnarSK Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/18/2002 7:29 AM
Congrats on the new board and that ugly star, TJ.
Hope some day I'll have time and connection to read all the good posts around, maybe when posting volume goes down 75%...

Gunnar

Author: HockeyPhool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/18/2002 10:31 AM
*Still a Lowly Red Star*

Only 325 to go, Yoda. Better start composing your own BGS® post.

HockeyPhool

Author: dovbaer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/18/2002 10:47 AM
thanks for the honorable mention tj. I am honored to be in such good company.

dovbaer

Author: CaveGirl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 67 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/18/2002 11:59 AM

----------------------

He might need a doppel to take three weeks minimum to compose something worthy of a little green shrively man, doncha know.

CaveGirl

Author: gadget6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/19/2002 10:17 AM
So I'm mindin' my own business walking along a darkened sidewalk in D.C. when I notices the pale orange glow of a neon sign announcing a joint owned by a gentlemen I thought had faded into oblivion - "TJ's Pub".

"Better check this out," I thought to myself - "this guy used to draw a prety big crowd, looks like the place has only been open two days and already has a lot of traffic."

Dimly lit by the stone fireplace in the corner and the "Guiness" sign behind the bar (any place with "pub" in the name has Guiness on tap) I see many faces I don't recognize, but the place is abuzz with conversation and I spot TJ holding court in the corner.

Think I'll saddle up at the bar for a while and take in the atmosphere.

"Bartender - Basil Haydens, neat."

gadget6

You're the only big ten guy I know so I had to get a dig in somewhere.

Go Blue!

Go Buckeyes........

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/19/2002 10:33 AM
"Bartender - Basil Haydens, neat."

http://www.smallbatch.com/SBBC/BasilHayden.asp

Welcome brother. First ones on the house and don't forget it's "Lurkers Strictly Cash" so stay engaged.

Are the Buckeyes for real this year?

Author: gadget6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/19/2002 10:46 AM
Thanks for the link

Are the Buckeyes for real this year?

Probably not - I liken their chances to the business cycle. Every 5 years or so they ramp up then slide for the next 5. Maybe next year.

Woody, where are you when I need you.

clink

quid in the tip jar

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/21/2002 11:09 PM

-HockeyPhool
----------------------

He might need a doppel to take three weeks minimum to compose something worthy of a little green shrively man, doncha know.

CaveGirl

--------------------------

Naah, what I need is a 32 hour day. Between my Capstone Master's Class, being a full-time Single Parent for the summer, and the new J-O-B, TMF has not been much on my radar screen. At my "10 posts a week" pace as of late, I'll go Gold in 2003....maybe!

Gold will come, it will.

Yoda
*From Waaay Back in the Past*

Author: DennisGraf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 192 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/22/2002 4:42 PM

Congratulations.

Dennis

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 7/22/2002 5:00 PM
Thank you Dennis. Be welcome.

How goes the British Invasion and the commune?

Author: gahamuvo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1604 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 8/16/2002 9:19 PM
hey doc, sorry for the late reply, but "good job". i lament the fact that we never had the chance for a face to face chess match in maryland, but c'est la vie. maybe someday, but maybe not, as i am still smarting (or maybe dumbing) from the beating you gave me on the chess board.

i will fave this place and see if i can possibly contribute some words of value.

and thanks for mentioning me. i found it amusing that you just nailed me down as "gabe", rather than one of my random usernames.

regards,
gabe

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1611 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 8/17/2002 6:45 AM
i will fave this place and see if i can possibly contribute some words of value.

This aint MC pal, it's the pub.

Your words need not be polished, of value or particularly enlightening. I'm just happy your here.

I too lament the missed meeting.

It would be much easier now. The difference between a 6 month old and a one year old is staggering.

First ones on the house and post often because...it's lurkers strictly cash.

TJ

Author: Carajillo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3771 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 9/11/2002 11:59 PM
Thanks for remembering me Doc. I have a chronic fear that I am obnoxious and forgettable and don't know it.

What's up with TJ's Pub? I haven't seen it till now. And I have no restraint sufficient to lurk.

If you don't mind, I think I will make it one of my favorite boards.

Hope your 9/11 rememberance was meaningful. I tend to view everything in relation to world history. As such I was imagining a bar graph that had one bar that represented 50 million (estimated total casualties of WWII) and the next that represented 3K (our 9/11 tragedy). Our nation has been very blessed.

Take care.

Author: DoctorBombay Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3782 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 9/12/2002 7:51 AM
Thanks for remembering me Doc. I have a chronic fear that I am obnoxious and forgettable and don't know it.

Not at all. I believe it was you who introduced me to Public Choice Theory. Changed my life.

What's up with TJ's Pub? I haven't seen it till now. And I have no restraint sufficient to lurk.

I found there were subject matter boards and cultural boards but I wanted a place where I could talk about anything I wanted (TV, politics, philosophy and not be bound by another boards culture GMR: read and rec or Martini Club: Essays only)so I opened up a board on the occassion of my gold star post. I think other people enjoy it I certainly have been able to post about anything I want. I enjoy the company.

If you don't mind, I think I will make it one of my favorite boards.

I am very pleased.

Hope your 9/11 rememberance was meaningful. I tend to view everything in relation to world history. As such I was imagining a bar graph that had one bar that represented 50 million (estimated total casualties of WWII) and the next that represented 3K (our 9/11 tragedy). Our nation has been very blessed.

I'll start a new thread for a discussion on this. I was thinking about it this morning.

Take care.

And you my friend. The first one's on the house. We run tabs for the regulars. Iggy is the bouncer. This is a flame free zone so if you see his name associated with a particularly uncivil thread it is me warning participants to calm down. We do have private tables where two or more people can discuss things one on one with the hopes of having an uncontaminated thread. Post often because it's lurkers strictly cash.

Author: dovbaer6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3822 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 9/12/2002 10:21 AM
Hi C (no pun intended)

This place can be fun, varied, and intellectually stimulating. The girls are looking pretty fine too.

Long time no see and have one on me!

dov

remembering sept 11th

Author: SwissSimon Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3823 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 9/12/2002 10:26 AM
The girls are looking pretty fine too.

But then, we'll never know if that's just the alcohol, will we?

-Simon

Author: dovbaer6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3828 of 53806
Subject: Re: My Foolish Journey: A GoldStar Post Date: 9/12/2002 10:34 AM
The girls are looking pretty fine too.

But then, we'll never know if that's just the alcohol, will we?

-Simon
---------

Well, it cuts both ways (phew).

db6

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement