No. of Recommendations: 1
I received a call from the fraud department at chase at 10:30 am that my freedom card got compromised.

I verified the transaction that I purchase last 2 days with them.

I also took this snip from the email they sent me
" We will notify Equifax, TransUnion and Experian that we closed your account as part of our review. Their records should be updated within 60 days."

So does this mean my credit score goes down drastically because of this

New balances

Freedom balance: $242
AX :$1.09
Slate :$0

Balance transfer loan at sunwest: $491 pmt $52 every two weeks
interest rate 2.25%

Car loan balance: $10246.48

Checking balance $0
efund $46
savings $0

cash on hand $40
Brokerage account at schwab: $27,300
CDS at sunwest $27100
CDS at nationwide $515
Other news mom fell last night at 2 a.m. had to take to hospital. She is ok now but Im afraid it will happen again.

I did not sleep at all last night after this its been a long day.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
As someone who shares some of your issues, just a little reminder that lack of sleep can be triggering (so make sure you're taking meds - may need to call your doc).

Your score shouldn't be affected, assuming they are closing that card, and opening a new one under the account but with a different number.

Ishtar
No. of Recommendations: 0
My Chase card was compromised a few weeks ago with a non authorized charge. I called Chase security department, they took my info, closed my credit card account number and reassigned me a new credit card and number. I don't think any of that goes on your credit report. The whole process was smooth. Received my new CC a few days later.
No. of Recommendations: 3
dcoop46,

You wrote, My Chase card was compromised a few weeks ago with a non authorized charge...

Both of my Chase cards have been compromised in the last year or so. Chase has been very good about handling it. But I have other, non-Chase cards and have to wonder why I (and you Fools) have had *your* Chase cards compromised too...

Makes me wonder if there was a Chase-specific security breach someone's not talking about.

- Joel
I just received in the snail mail my new freedom card. However I still using my blue ax card until payday then start using Freedom card again.
BofA just replaced my Visa because it might have been compromised. I am annoyed that they don't identify the merchant. Drop in business would encourage businesses to get their security act together.
Advertisement