Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
My goal is to reexamine my logic and to attempt to understand the emotional and mental circumstances that have shaped/warped my views.

Don't fault your logic (maybe fault your risk management).

What is working against stock market bears are a couple of old guys at the Fed (in conjunction with their colleagues) hellbent on trying to counteract deflation/ due correction as per the Kondratieff cycle.  The bears were actually not that wrong; in "real" terms the stock market didn't do well at all over the last few years.

Remember, "Age and Guile Beat Youth and Innocence anytime".  Oh scratch that, I mean, 'these guys are providing a stellar service to the general public by ensuring seemless operation of the financial system through provision of ample liquidity during challenging times'.</sarcasm>

Not much of a consolation, I know.  The other thing I see working against the bears is globalisation.

SB

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement