Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
My household profit margin is contracting while we cut cost left and right (at the same time, “they” tell us inflation has moderated. “They” are full of it.). The situation has made me bitter and cynical about the whole system. I try to understand what has changed since I was a kid, where my dad provided for his family on bricklayer wages. He told me that the house I grew up in cost about 2.5 times his annual income. The median house in this area now costs about 325,000 dollars.

your story really resonated with me
more and more people are starting to wake up and notice that the debt/consumption lifestyle is a media product designed to churn the capitalism wheels. bottom line: there are too many people in the world, and instead of saying that, we hear the leaders find new ways to spin our wheels and drum up economic activity, even if it means borrowing from the futures and complete disregard of the environment

there was a time when a sustainable living was the ideal
that got thrown out the window and now only suckers show up to pay cash for anything of any size
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement