UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308791  
Subject: Re: more bad news Date: 2/13/2014 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
My HSA account has $1990 in it at this time. Saturday I have to pay $2546 to the dentist to get the dentures made. I did an approximation of my income tax refund which I think will be $1800ish I have to pay about $200 or more to get my taxes done on Sunday.

I remember that back when you had that accident a couple of years ago you had to return to work immediately because you didn't have an emergency fund, and we asked you why not. You said that when you returned to live with your parent's you were not asked to pay rent, but agreed to pay for certain extras whenever you had the money. Therefore you never kept any money in your accounts because you didn't want to pay what you agreed to pay. Thus, you couldn't have an emergency fund.

Wouldn't it make sense to come to a different agreement with your parents and pay a certain set amount every month? That way you could have an emergency fund and not worry about your parents asking you to fulfill your part of the bargain.

Nancy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement