Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LtUhura Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30433  
Subject: My just short of one year update Date: 8/19/2004 2:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 59
I was going to wait until September 1 to post this, which is my one year anniversary of LCing, but I can't wait. I'm worse than a kid on Christmas Eve.

One year ago we went to New Hampshire on vacation. Kirk took a picture of me in my swimming suit. The second I got the pictures back from the lab and saw what I looked like, I knew I had to change. Then, that same month, my dad and his three brothers were all diagnosed with weight-related diabetes. That was the final push. I could no longer use the back injury that caused my nonactivity and huge weight gain as an excuse. I made a few inquiries on the FFF. After getting the "don't do LC, it's dangerous!" responses, one poster kindly directed me here. I lurked for almost a full month before making my first post and really getting into the LC life.

So, here it is:

August 19, 2003, 201 pounds, size 16
August 19, 2004, 171 pounds, size 12

That's exactly thirty pounds. Thirty, as in six bags of sugar. Or two bins and a bag of cat litter. Or a five-year-old.

I still have a good 26 pounds and two more dress sizes to go before I hit my goal, but I know I'll be there by this time next year. The excruciating back pain I used to suffer is gone, and so is the sciatica. In the meantime, here are some things I can do that I couldn't do last year:

* Ride my bike five miles
* Walk my dog for two solid hours
* Run up the stairs
* Play with my kids in the park
* Hike
* Try on clothing at the store without cringing
* Tell the difference between romaine and arugula at a glance

I probably could have done it without all of you here, but it would not have been as easy. So I'd like to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU all.

Uhura
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement