No. of Recommendations: 0
My main question is: When and how much to sell of the single stock I have and how should the proceeds be allocated across various investment choices?>>>

I would sell all of the stock and see what the proceeds, less taxes, would be.

Then I would figure out how much I would be willing to invest for at least five years.

Of that amount I would allocate 51% (your age) to the Foolish Four or RP. The remaining 49% could be invested Foolishly. I personally like the Keystone 5.

Check out the Fool Portfolio, Boring Portfolio, Cash King Portfolio and the Foolish Workshop message board for futher ideas.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.