UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120  
Subject: My morning Date: 6/25/2007 12:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Change incredibly poopy diaper of wailing baby. Wash hands. Apply antibacterial ointment to the cut where she (almost) bit through her bottom lip yesterday while falling off a picnic table bench onto asphalt and hitting her head. Reflect on the incompetence of doctor at urgent care place where we took her first. Feel like a bad mother for allowing her to fall*, but good mother for insisting on talking her to the ER after urgent care place because I had such a bad feeling about said UC doctor from the second he walked in the door ("She got a bad bump to the head but I don't think she broke it." WTF kind of retarded thing is that to say?? Totally not in an attempt at humor?? and ps, she does not even have a goose egg so what do you even mean?) Reflect on competence of ER doc who gave her a thorough exam, including THE INSIDE OF HER MOUTH AND HER TEETH, STUPID URGENT CARE DOCTOR, YES! EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS CRYING, and assured us she does not need stitches. Feed baby and other kids breakfast. Decide to change her diaper quickly while she's standing in the kitchen because food got on it. Find it full of diarrhea. See that it somehow got all over my shirt. Change diaper and then my shirt. Think about taking her to the doctor yet again. Finally take first sip of coffee. Spill coffee all over the clean shirt I just put on.

What I have learned: urgent care places are great if you want someone who went to medical school in Grenada to prescribe a decongestant. Not so good if you have a child with an injury that might require plastic surgery, or competence.

*I was standing RIGHT THERE
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 6/25/2007 12:55 PM
On the bright side, I'm getting a check from the estate of my great-aunt in the next few days, and another one from my grandfather's estate before the end of the year. 100% of which I'm just going to throw at the HELOC that we had to get when we bought the house. Boring but still really cool. Bless those frugal old people, and my mom and her siblings for generously sharing with all the kids.

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 101 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 6/25/2007 1:12 PM
update: now she has a fever

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 6/25/2007 1:22 PM
OCD: .

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 6/25/2007 4:29 PM
update: check came today

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 6/27/2007 11:07 AM
Still has a temperature but the diarrhea is better. But her bottom is chapped, red and raw. Poor baby.

Author: sunnybiss77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/1/2007 2:09 AM
Recommendations: 2
Poor sug...you made a quiet little land grab and it's taken DAYS for anyone to find you! I hope T is feeling better now...

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 108 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/1/2007 2:52 PM
Poor sug...you made a quiet little land grab and it's taken DAYS for anyone to find you!

Which is totally fine with me. But I'm glad to see you.

I hope T is feeling better now...

She is, thanks.

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 109 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/1/2007 2:58 PM
Hey sunny, guess what I got today? TJ's 21 Spice Salute! Just because you recommended it.

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/1/2007 3:00 PM
OCD: Seasoning

The cherry pie is killer, too, btw.

Author: sunnybiss77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/1/2007 3:24 PM
Hey sunny, guess what I got today? TJ's 21 Spice Salute! Just because you recommended it.

Awesome! I hope you like it.

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/2/2007 7:57 PM
Recommendations: 0
it's taken DAYS for anyone to find you!

I wasn't aware i was supposed to speak up.

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/2/2007 9:51 PM
I wasn't aware i was supposed to speak up.

Since when am I the boss of you?

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115 of 120
Subject: Re: My morning Date: 7/3/2007 11:58 AM
I figured the recs would speak for themselves.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement