UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (130) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753871  
Subject: Re: What annoys the Left more? Date: 10/14/2012 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My obese, T2D brother pretty much lives on diet soda and drinks about a quart at dinner. I cannot persuade him to switch to water or iced tea or fizzy water with lemon/lime or a little juice.

Could be a taste thing. As hard as it is to believe there are people who dislike iced tea. I don't get it (I LOVE iced tea, I literally rate restaurants on how good their iced tea is as that is my #1 concern) but they exist.

On a side note the pickiest eaters I know are the fattest people I know. The issue seems to be that they only eat certain foods, but those certain foods are the worst ones for you. I had one roommate in college who would only eat grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese or "sloppy joes" (he'd fry up hamburger, not drain it then pour in copious amounts of ketchup and mustard... we called them "death burgers" because they made a deadly mess of the pan). My best friend's brother is just as picky, and is pushing 400 lbs.

Lord knows I could lose weight, but my problem is I like too many foods. I'll try anything once, and there are few things I've tried that I don't like. But I line plenty of veggies and am just as happy with a good salad as a good burger. I'll just eat both, d'oh! I love salmon though, and it's relatively healthy, but not cheap. If it were cheaper I'd eat it at least three times a week.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (130) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement