Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
My OP could have been worded differently to appear a little less troll-like. For example, the subject line could have been:

Investing for the next decade

And then I could have said that I expect a big bull market recovery to begin in the next six months or so as they always do after big bear markets (except when WWII put a damper on things). And then I could have said that I checked out the CBO report that said that the Democrats' programs will help the economy in the short run and then drive it into the ground. And then I could have said that in light of this report plus actually knowing what has happened in the past when such policies were implemented, I plan to cash out a lot of my US stocks after the anticipated run-up and move into something else since the US economy will no longer have the vitality it used to have. And I could have provided a link to show what kind of additional damage a cap-and-trade system will wreak on the economy. And I could have said I was considering gold, emerging markets, etc., and possibly Treasuries when their interest rates skyrocket due to the inflation the massive borrowing for the stimulus package will trigger.

That would have appeared more on-topic while providing the same information. And would have met with the same fingers in the ears and the loud singing of la la la la.

--fleg
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement