UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lcd186 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15005  
Subject: Re: Poll: Do ppl know/noticed you're depressed? Date: 3/19/2012 7:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My own diagnosis is primarily bipolar disorder. I believe my primary features are depression as well as anxiety. I believe I am considered "mildly" depressed most of the time though it can be a bigger struggle at times. Hard to qualify.

And I haven't worked full time in many years. I was approved for disability benefits two years ago so my daily schedule is a fortunate (or not?) mostly by myself.

A few months ago, I have a roommate. He is here usually only about five days a week, but we have overlapping schedules so I am mostly fairly solitary. When I do interact, I tend to be very animated or pull out a lot of energy.

I tend to not be out and about with people unless I feel stronger or more active so when I am out and about, I usually can pull out a lot of energy and enthusiasm, or at least be able to focus on the particular situations. Examples: I'm great when I can go to the supermarket or the laundromat. Sometimes I help out some friends by babysitting and I can get a lot more enthusiastic. Since getting a dog to watch for "a few months" (possibly permanently, LOL) I have interacted more with neighbors, etc.

I note that having pets (I have this lovely dog and already had three cats) help me somewhat.

But frankly, I think no one really realizes, or notices, that I am depressed. I believe I have hid it well historically. Many people may notice I am moody (I can be the angry type, or cranky), but may not realize it is related to my depression.

LCD
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Deranged Monkey Criticism

Amazon: What Bezos Believes
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement