No. of Recommendations: 1
...my physician...said that they were a waste of time...He wasn't thrilled with the test and was a firm believer that everyone should have a colonoscopy once they hit a certain age.

To a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I'm also over 50 for a few years now and had put off the colonoscopy, but finally got it done a couple months ago. One benign polyp found and removed during the procedure, I feel great that I got it done and removed a potential future cancer from my body.

The test is not perfect, it's not for everyone, EXAS admits that, but it is great as an option for folks who will not get a colonoscopy for whatever reason. They do sell a lot of test kits, and that number is growing exponentially. They only have about 3% (as I remember) of the TAM currently, the question is how high can this number go? I don't know that answer, but the rate they've been growing, and the available runway makes me a believer that it will be much higher than it currently is.

Also, the liver cancer blood test is very exciting.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement