No. of Recommendations: 0
My position on the right to keep and bear arms is the same today as it was last week, last month, last year, ten years ago, etc. We all have an inherent right to keep and bear arms suitable for the defense of ourselves and our country. That includes semi-automatic weapons commonly referred to as "assault weapons". The abuse of this right by a madman doesn't change things anymore than a crazy screed chances our right to free speech or someone cooking meth in their kitchen changes our property rights.

Those who consistently argue for restrictions on our right to keep and bear arms will no doubt be especially loud for awhile. So be it. But at the end of the day the right still exists, nothing has changed in that regard. There may be new attacks in it but in the end what is the law of the land can't be changed on a whim.

I will remain a life member of the NRA and will still support the cause. It's the palladium of freedom, I can no more give up on it than I could give up on America itself. I certainly won't be swayed by emotional appeals that go against all rational thought on the matter. It is what it is.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement