Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: markspnj Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3  
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 2/3/2004 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My question is about the following business question.

Premise:With the increased demand for care for our senior citizens (individuals over 60) who are looking for organized activities during the day, for example, while their caregivers are at work or are temporarily unable to care for them. I am interested in starting a new business offering these types of services. It would be a facility where seniors can go for the entire day, and have programming. They would be taken on trips, to concerts, etc. I am interested in learning about the pitfalls, that is the do's and don'ts to look for in starting this type of new business. I do not have a license or experience in senior care facility management. I have an MBA in accounting with experience in quality assurance and auditing. I have been a consultant, either self-employed, or worked for others. I have also worked for large financial services firms. This would provide me with greater independence and flexibility in my career. I have a working wife who is self employed, and 3 children, ages 7, 9 and 11. I have also inlaws almost in this senior care situation.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement