UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/3/2001 9:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If you're interested, here's my Red Star Post.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14264170

NukeJohn (who hopes to be living a JB-style retirement in a couple of years).
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 129 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/4/2001 8:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Congradulations Nuke John on your red star. Now would you please tell me what a JB-style retirement is? Thanks!

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/4/2001 4:21 PM
Recommendations: 2
NukeJohn,

I can't believe I missed your red star post. I have been out of commission studying for the bar exam. Huge CONGRATS!

-Gekko II

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/5/2001 11:59 AM
foolkath,

here's a post I posted earlier today before I read your question about "what is JB style retirement?". From what I know of JB, and his lifestyle in Key West, it is a carefree type of life. He does what he wants, when he wants, and doesn't seem to be hung up about anything except Miami Heat Basketball.

Here's a post that may give you some insight.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14274117

In essence, it is my belief you first plan to get the resources needed to support your ideal retirement. But you need to be thinking about what you would really do in retirement, make a list of things, and go for it. My thoughts may actually differ somewhat from Jimmy's ideal retirement. His philosophy seems to be live life one day at a time, do what you want, when you want to. Of course, his resources are considerably greater than ours. But I don't think it matters whether you want to take it one day at a time like Jimmy, or have a list of things you want to do. I think the key is to know what you want to do in retirement, and plan the way to achieve it.

Hope this helps,

NukeJohn

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 150 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/5/2001 12:32 PM
Thanks, Nuke, I thought that other post was for me too. Now, what does Parothead mean?

Author: cmorford Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 153 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/5/2001 12:51 PM
Hi Kath...

Not to butt in, but here's a link to a list of Buffett term ans acronyms:

http://www.dabigdog.com/buffett/acronyms.html

Chuck

Author: cmorford Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 154 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/5/2001 12:55 PM
I said: Buffett term ans acronyms:

My Eengleesh, she is not too good today...

That's "Buffett terms and acronyms"...

And I just realized "Parotthead" isn't on this list...

Oops...

Chuck - "Stepped on a pop-top and blew out my flip-flop"

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 155 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/5/2001 1:39 PM
Recommendations: 2
Now, what does Parothead mean?

They are JB's official fan club. Check out the links that chuck gave us if you're interested. As for the origination of the term parrot heads.....

Origination of the term parrot head
Reputedly, when performing at Timberwolf Ampitheater in Kings Island, OH, Jimmy commented on all those crazy folks in the crowd from the Cincinnati area wearing hawaiian shirts and parrot hats and who keep coming back to every show. "Just like deadheads," Jimmy commented. Coral Reefer Timothy B. Schmit replied, "yea, Parrot Heads!"
Sources: Jimmy on Whoopi Goldberg's Show, December, 1992
Jimmy on The Arsenio Hall Show, June, 1990

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 176 of 381
Subject: Re: My Red Star Post...... Date: 2/6/2001 1:25 PM
Butt in all you like, Chuck. That was very informative and fun!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement