UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Sprocket318 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 211  
Subject: My Report Card Date: 5/3/2004 5:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
QSII - forecast will be a WEAK BULLISH REVERSAL for the next few days.

GRADE: C. Too bad the stock went down, but today is a graveyard Doji. Will this mean a bullish reversal? Find out tomorrow.

AMD - Forecast is: STRONG reversal in the positive direction for the next few days. (not that I'm wearing rose colored glasses).

GRADE: F. Far from a bullish reversal.

TWP - I have no idea. I wouldn't even guess on this one. All I can say is... if i sold on the DOJI(star) or the falling star (the hammer with the head on the bottom) a few days before, I would have saved a bundle of money. (hindsight at its best)

GRADE: Incomplete. Went up today, but I didn't even place a guess.

QCOM - Dont know the pattern. I would just wait until a recognizable pattern shows up. However, looking a few days back... you can see a DOJI after a downturn (which means buy) then you see spinning top at the peak (which means sell) Now it all looks pretty in hindsight, but imagine if you bought and sold. I'll just call it coincidence for now.

GRADE: Incomplete. It went up today. But once again, i didn't even place a guess. However, my new guess is that it will go up tomorrow.

IMCL - HA... i don't know. It looks like the last candle engulfed the white candle from the day before. I believe that means bad things to come. SELL... supposedly.

GRADE: F. Went up. I would have lost you money.

Home Depot (HD) - I consulted the candlestick gods and they told me. Continued downward trend.

GRADE: C-. So far... it did go down, but there is a DOJI today. Does that mean it will go up tomorrow?

OVERALL: F
So far, I have scored poorly. If this were college, I would drop the class and take up something else.

CANDLESTICK THEORY Scoreboard
-----------------------------
True BOGUS
---- -----
0 1

NOTE: The final score is assuming that I read the charts correctly. And there is strong reason to believe I did not, since I have only read one book on candlesticks.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement