Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My retirement portfolio looks like this:

20% Laddered cash portfolio (6 years of living expenses)
80% MI stock portfolio

The MI stock portfolio looks like this:

25% Key100 (1-4) annual
25% PEG (1-4) semi-annual
25% RS13/RS26 Overlap (1-3) quarterly
25% PEG13/PEGRSW Overlap (1-3) monthly
Gross CAGR=60 (Net CAGR=55) GSD=29 Sharp Ratio=1.08 TER=1.61 (Net TER=1.29) The portfolio has 9 to 14 stocks depending on overlaps between screens.

I sell 3% of the value of the stock portfolio on the first Friday of the new year and add it to the cash portfolio. I then divide the cash portfolio total by 72 (six years) and that's our monthly draw for the year.

Any suggestions or critisisims?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
>>The MI stock portfolio looks like this:
25% Key100 (1-4) annual
25% PEG (1-4) semi-annual
25% RS13/RS26 Overlap (1-3) quarterly
25% PEG13/PEGRSW Overlap (1-3) monthly
Gross CAGR=60 (Net CAGR=55) GSD=29 Sharp Ratio=1.08 TER=1.61 (Net TER=1.29) The portfolio has 9 to 14 stocks depending on overlaps
between screens.<<

Could you define these terms for those of us that are less "acronym-friendly", please? Thanks.
Eddie
Since you probably created this portfolio by dollar cost averaging, I would do the reverse in withdrawing. Instead of selling all 3% at the beginning of the year, I might divide that 3% into 3 or 4 parts and sell thru the year.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I sell 3% of the value of the stock portfolio on the first Friday of the new year and add it to the cash portfolio. I then
divide the cash portfolio total by 72 (six years) and that's our monthly draw for the year.

Any suggestions or critisisims?

I think the 6 years of living expenses should let you skip selling in a down market. If the market is down for a year or two do not sell.

Also I would deceide what to sell then put limit orders in that are 5 or 10% (or what ever) over the market price. Eventualy the stuff should sell. The point is you are not forced to sell so you can waite for a good price.

For example price all the stock you want to sell on the first Friday at 10% over Thursday's closing price and see what happens.
rjm1 wrote:
I think the 6 years of living expenses should let you skip selling in a down market. If the market is down for a year or two do not sell.

Also I would deceide what to sell then put limit orders in that are 5 or 10% (or what ever) over the market price. Eventualy the stuff should sell. The point is you are not forced to sell so you can waite for a good price.

For example price all the stock you want to sell on the first Friday at 10% over Thursday's closing price and see what happens.

This is a great idea. I'm going to think about it. Thanks.
Advertisement