No. of Recommendations: 2
I am back into the investment arena, however with a new determination in mind and goal, and I no longer speak with the broker I have had for a few years, as he had at times the "appearance of a conflict" of interest w/ my account so for conversation purposes, lets say I am just NEW.. As I attempt to accomplish my goal's in this manner as there is zero appearance of a conflict. Guess I should of written my first message here, but I didn't, and now I have gone around this board quite a bit which has generated a question or two if some of you would field I would appreciate the input. Managed to cut, copy and paste my first post back in here, and for the most its an area I very seldom take people but here goes as you may see many post from me, or rather a few.

Here is a good notation for the record, my very first job once I returned from Viet Nam was with a brokerage firm and the biggest mandatory requirement was that I go back and finish college, but during the process I learned about the freedom of a car and getting my license back, well I was young so I declined the position:(

"Hope this may be understandable, I am quite new here. and am seeking some advice. I just transfered $20K as a rollover from Waterhouse to Schwab and hopefully make some money in this IRA, and hopefully eventually retire. Have been in Govt. Service since mid 70's, disabled as a result of a gunshot to the brain in Viet Nam 68. <Which I might ad restricts me as I am missing 1/3 of my brain>, a cognitive disorder. I say all this as you may see many questions from me famous battle Hue 101 or Hue City, providing the following if I have $20,000. that I am considering about taking a few more chances than most would at 58 am hoping to finally catch up and NOT be dependent on the Federal Government for my livihood.

Any suggestions on the following? Greatly Appreciated!!

Wanted to meet / or have the chance to meet the two brother's that I used to watch on T.V, Dave and Tom but.....

Had a full service broker.. Opertative word HAD as I watched w/o catching it, turn an IRA worth maybe $140,000.00 years ago into aprox $50,000.00 today. Excluding the monies being transfered which is Fidelty Megellion <sp>. Sorry
Type of funds and or some common stock??
Break down of how to dispense the 20K in order to max out my potential here? I am curious how one locates items that are mentioned here???

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement