Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My timing with UEPS has been awful. I've purchased option calls at least twice in the last two years in anticipation of binary events relating to the SASSA contract situation. The most recent time, back in August 2011, I purchased January 2012 $10 calls. Net 1 was awarded the SASSA contract before the options expired, but the options expired worthless with the share price just below $10. Of course the share price then proceeded to eclipse $11 for several days in late Jan and early Feb.

I watched as the share price drifted down and then hovered around $10 for a few weeks and decided to jump back in yesterday via selling April $10 puts for $.70. Of course the stock then proceeded to dive yesterday and today where it currently sits just above $9. If it continues to drop to around $8.50 I might add to my position by buying shares.

Hopefully my pathetic performance is a comfort to others, because it certainly isn't helping my portfolio performance.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement