No. of Recommendations: 0
My thoughts are that I can afford it if I contribute
less(or none) to my 401k.

I guess before I put money into taxable investments
I should probably convert to Roths. What I have is
some $ that was in a 401k, I changed jobs, they
maintained it for a while, they got bought out, and
the new company does not want to maintain it. So it
is in a rollover IRA account. I would take that money
and "Roth-ize" it. But to do that I would need some
money to pay the income taxes on it, so would
contribute less to my 401k.

Would you still recommend the conversion over the
401k? I am about 15 years from retirement.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.